• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] Dual booting

Interesting . . . Haven`t heard of anyone doing this or if it`s possible. I imagine that some sort of boot manager installed on the phone`s memory would be required, to pull up a boot menu at startup, to list a choice of installed roms. Probably would also require seperate partitions, & some sort of partition manager also. Interesting.

Its possible and I know what to do. I just wanted to know how other people felt about the experience

Upvote 0
Reading thru that link and also the Siyah kernel info, and I could be wrong, but it looks like its for the international version of the S3 that has the exynos proecessor.
Ours has the Arm something processor.

Just be careful what you flash. I did not see anything specific towards the Verizon S3:)
I know I tried and it failed, but after rebooting I did not seem to have suffered any consequences but I will wait to to see if there aren't any problems from this venture. I also appreciate your comment and warning, it is really good to have this type community where you can come and get help.:)

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones