1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] Easiest Backup Between Roms

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by edhgreatone, Dec 26, 2011.

1. edhgreatone

edhgreatone Well-Known Member

Hey just wondering if anybody is using a better method than myself when flashing between different roms...

I'm currently using titanium backup and also backing up through booting in recovery

Its pretty annoying restoring apps through titanium involving manually accepting all the install apps 1 by 1

I've heard about nanodroid? Or something along those lines... does anybody know an app or better process to one click restore all apps and restore app data, system settings and home screen layouts?

It'd be a huge help considering how frequently I flash new rooms, ty!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SolidOrange

SolidOrange Android Expert

if you buy the premium version of titanium, you can restore all of your apps at once. using a nandroid backup would also restore your previous rom, so that method would not work if you are just trying to get the applications. homescreen layouts can be backed up/restored through some 3rd party launchers. i used ADW EX on my thunderbolt and use NOVA launcher on my GNex, both allow for it. i am sure other 3rd party launchers offer this feature as well, but the stock launcher will not do it.

3. jbdan

jbdan Extreme Android User

Just pay for the donate version of Ti backup (if you're a flashaholic it's more than worth it). It will "batch restore" all the apps you choose to do so with :)

I'm careful of what I restore though. I only restore apps as "apps with data" can bork a flash or restore.

A "nandroid" = a "backup" if you meant that. Is there an app idk of called nanodroid?

4. metlcat

metlcat Android Enthusiast

You can do batch restores of apps with titanium. You might need the pro version to do this though, but it is well worth it.

5. edhgreatone

Oh geez, wasn't even aware titanium could do that with the paid version, I'm definitely upgrading

Is a "nandroid" backup the same as doing it through backup recovery or rom manager?

Yeah I'm aware of the launchers I previously used launcher pro but on the ICS I'm refusing to use them BC I love the stock feel of this OS.

6. SolidOrange

SolidOrange Android Expert

yep, a nandroid is the same as a recovery backup. if you like the stock launcher, but want more features, i highly recommend NOVA. it is built directly from the ICS code only for ICS phones and looks/feels exactly the same as the stock launcher. the only difference is that there are many more customization options available.

[APP] Nova Launcher Beta (ICS based) - xda-developers

edhgreatone likes this.
  7. edhgreatone

I'll check it out ... thanks --- running zygots 2.0 he has many customization such as removing search on top, removing home screens, etc.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews