1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Verizon Extended battery does not work

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by xmetl, Oct 15, 2010.

1. xmetl

xmetl Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    i just bought the official extended battery for the Droid x off of the verizon online store. the battery worked fine for the first day i bought it and now it makes my phone randomly shut off when i am using it. i can use my phone for about 5 - 10 minutes before the battery causes it to shut off randomly. i have no idea why it does this because it says the battery is fully charged and i had it in the charger over night and it still does this. i feel like i have wasted 50$ on this battery and i cant even use it now. does any one know if there is a way i can fix this?

Advertisement

2. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

find a way to fully drain the battery then do a full charge

3. xmetl

xmetl Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    how can i drain the battery if i cant even keep the phone on for more then 5 minutes?

4. willyjay

willyjay Active Member

Aug 27, 2010
    Michigan
    Has to be a bad battery....can you return it for a new one??

Mine is working great, been off the charger since 5:30am and still have 50%.

5. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

call verizon they will exchange it.

6. yawdapaah

yawdapaah Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    EE
    NJ
    i had the same issue. took the battery to a vzw store and got it exchanged. i think the batteries are faulty; running it down won't help.

7. pitbullguy

pitbullguy Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Definitely sounds like a faulty battery. I've had the extended battery for a month and couldn't be more pleased. Here is part of a post of mine in the accessories page. This is referencing my experience with the extended battery:

"As for performance - wow! I couldn't be more pleased. As a reference, and according to the current battery manager stats, I have had it off the charger for almost 16 hours. It's at 20% still. Voice calls = 61% (4 hours, 6min) Display = 14% (3hrs 1 min). The next highest % is cell standby at 5% (all other number are less than 5%, so won't go into those). Lots of calling (see above), text messaging, downloads, tons of e-mails and a couple of games.

I am a heavy user of smartphones - always have been by the nature of work. I have NEVER had a phone with this kind of useage that I didn't have to plug in or swap batteries at least a couple of times a day."

8. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Male
    Software Engineer
    Central NY
    exchange it, mine works fine. you probably just got a bad one

9. Booya

Booya Well-Known Member

Phew good thing im not the only one with the problem. Received my battery on Wednesday and notice some random shut off since then.