1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] Exynose abuse root ....

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RunVert, Mar 8, 2013.

1. RunVert

RunVert Well-Known Member

phone: Verizon Galaxy Note 2
    Version: 4.1.1
    Model Number: SCH-1605

.....I am considering rooting my Note 2 using the Exynose app root method. I am coming from a rooted EVO (myn2.2 ROM, Amon Ra recovery), so I understand the basics (flashing, ROM's, kernels, overclock, nandroids....etc)

But I have heard that after rooting using this method that some peoples camera are not working anymore. Is this a common issue? I need my camera to work.

I plan to keep the stock ROM for now and just root in order to use setCPU settings.

thanks!

Advertisement

2. RunVert

...soooo I decided to give Exynose a shot and I got an error "Failure" message.
    I am on 4.1.1 and thought that only 4.1.2 version would not work.

does the patch not work on 4.1.1 anymore?

thanks..

3. BetaMan

BetaMan Android Enthusiast

Sorry Man, Verizon plugged that hole a while back. It doesn't work now. However, you can STILL root your device using the below link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2043636&nocache=1

Worked for me!

4. RunVert

Great...thanks for the link.
    Does the download from that link root the phone? Or is that something to flash AFTER root has been established?

Also...does your camera still function properly?

Thanks..

5. BetaMan

I've never had an issue with my camera after root. It works flawlessly.

There are a couple of downloads that you have to get. There is a youtube video link as well that Scott walks you through the procedure. Just follow the directions and you'll be fine.

RunVert likes this.
  6. RunVert

does that also unlock the bootloader? -- also, can you provide the link you mentioned? I searched on youtube and could not find it.

...Or just tell me what I need to download to my phone prior to unzipping that file.

7. BetaMan

Oooops! Double post.

8. BetaMan

Yes, it unlocks the bootloader as well. You will have full root access!

Here you go!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2118348

Caveman419 likes this.
  9. RunVert

awesome -- thanks for that link!

2 questions --

- just out of curiosity are you aware of any videos or instructions on how to un-root the same phone (verizon 1605) and get it back to "out of the box" specs, in case I need to send it in for a repair or get it replaced at some point in time...etc

- Have you noticed any changes in your battery life since rooting and installing a Scott ROM? -- better or worst?...same?

thank you again!

10. BetaMan

I just rooted my replacement phone with the above method and it worked flawlessly! Only took about 5 minutes!

11. BetaMan

Yes:
    Question 1: Search for Verizon I605 Stock Rom IMG file and download it. It will return your phone to that "Out of the box" status. I think I downloaded it from XDA's website.

Question 2: I haven't noticed any battery issues personally. Seems to be about the same as before I rooted.

Caveman419 and RunVert like this.
  12. RunVert

thanks...

Does it matter if I download that ROM onto my sd card? or my internal phone storage? --- both have roughly the same storage capacity.

thanks again for your help.

13. BetaMan

Well, I guess if you're asking me THIS question, you got it rooted! Congratulations!
    :D:D:D:D
    Personally, I like to put them on my EXTERNAL memory card in case I wipe out my phone and want to install it again. I guess it doesn't matter though.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews