1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [Verizon] Ez-Recovery vs Goomanager vs Rom Manager

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sideout, Jan 4, 2013.

1. sideout

sideout Well-Known Member
    None

May 6, 2010
    Trying to make sense of all of these. It appears to me that they all seem to do the main purporse of flashing a ROM, but what really is the difference?

Advertisement

2. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

Jul 15, 2010
    TN
    TWRP (the one you flash in GooManager) allows you to "bake" your own ROM, i.e., let's you pick and choose which .apks you want installed, and it is a touchscreen interface. It was also the first one to avoid the sdcard multiplication issue when flashing from 4.1 to 4.2.

ROM Manager flashes ClockworkRecoveryMod, which doesn't (that I last recall) allow the ROM "baking", and unless you flash the touch version, you have to use the volume up/down and power buttons, which is no fun.

IMO, TWRP is faster. Much, much faster.

3. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

Sep 10, 2010
    Male
    Next to you
    My only concern with that would be not installing an apk that another apk relies on to function.:thinking:

4. sideout

sideout Well-Known Member
    None

May 6, 2010
    Thanks....I used CWM once a while back and like the TWRP much better. From what I can tell you can get the TWRP by installing the Goomanager or by using the EZ-Recovery. I am not a fan of keeping a ton of apps on my phone that do the same thing so was thinking about getting rid of the EZ-Recovery and sticking with the GooManager...
    My only concern there is that it appears that the EZ-Recovery was built specifially for the GS3....

5. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

Jul 15, 2010
    TN
    anything is possible, but for ROMs that do that, Touchwiz is default installed to allow the Samsung .apks to be used.

Mikestony likes this.