• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] Flash to Boost Mobile

wemis

May 12, 2011
Has anyone on here flashed the Nexus to Boost Mobile? I know it can be done. I saw this site that apparently has software that can do it: Galaxy to Boost The Best and Only Full Galaxy to Boost HD Video Guide

Can anyone help me out with flashing if they have experience? I'm very knowledgeable as far as ROMS and flashing those, but not to a different carrier.

First sorry for the late response.

Second, I have some knowledge about flashing feature phones to use on another carrier, or more, flashing another carriers firmware on a phone and then making it work on VZW. It is not easy. And the software we used was not easy to find and made edits to much lower levels of the phone's software than a regular nandroid backup can fix.

Here's a thread that _might_ give you a few more google search terms:

Samsung Galaxy Nexus Verizon activate on Pageplus

In that thread, flashing a Sprint Gnex to Page Plus is considered on a difficulty scale of 1-10 about a 6-7, rooting and romming about a 2.

I am sure it can be done, but check that thread and over at XDA. The tools needed (if you can find them) are very powerfull and one slip and you are brick.

good luck

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones