1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Verizon Galaxy Nexus Receiving 4.1.1 Update Now!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bmpster, Sep 21, 2012.

1. john30308

john30308 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 3, 2009

Advertisement

racerxe24 likes this.
  2. droid2lb

droid2lb Newbie
    None

Dec 17, 2010
    Just got the ota here in detroit

3. Woodsy21

Woodsy21 Lurker
    None

Jan 7, 2012
    So, I got the update today, and it started to download, then stalled and showed a "rety now" button. I did so, and now it's just stalled. What the hell do I do? Reboot and risk not being able to get it or something else? Any help is appreciated :-/

4. Bungalowbill

Bungalowbill Newbie
    None

May 14, 2010
    After checking for the update 75+ times over the past few days, I just tried the method from the video. It worked on the fifth try. I turned the phone off/on after the third try.

5. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

Jun 23, 2010
    Male
    Douglas, MA
    I finally got the OTA but it failed because I forgot I had franco's kernel installed (stoooopid me) got that rectified but couldn't get the OTA again.:mad:

So I downloaded the .zip from XDA and installed that manually. Get it rooted again and I am now enjoying the buttery goodness of JB again.:D

6. BHATCH

BHATCH Newbie
    None

Dec 16, 2011
    Got my update yesterday evening and I was super bummed to find out that JB 4.1 for the phone does not have the expanadable volume option like my Nexus 7 has.

When you hit the volume rocker and it displays the volume slider, there is a another button on the 7 that expands and shows a slider for separate notification volume.

I was totally looking forward to this, so I could silence everything but the actual phone ringer at night.

Why tablet has this ability (it's not a phone) I have no idea.

7. val88

val88 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 15, 2011
    Just got my JB updated and installed. Went smoothly and yes I used the trick. Tried it all weekend with no luck. Today, I did it but back out completely out of settings after I cleared data and force stop. Then went back into settings and checked.

Also, I was unlocked and rooted when it occurred. It still updated with no problem and I am still unlocked and rooted. One thing I did install before the update was voodoo OTA rootkeeper.

Definitely feels more responsive and quicker. But I also have a N7 so I wasn't exactly surprised.

8. Neera

Neera Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 4, 2010
    Female
    IL
    Holy cow, just tried it with airplane mode on like in the video and it is actually downloading the update now!

Mine said: "Wi-Fi only till Oct 4"

This "framework trick" has never worked for me in the past. I did try it numerous times over the weekend, but never with airplane mode on.

I might have to change my opinion about it being coincidental after all!!

9. swantonbomboy

swantonbomboy Member
    None

Apr 22, 2010
    Male
    Mechanical Design Engineer
    NJ
    Used this method and it worked for me first try. What a pain to go from unlocked and rooted jellybean with GWallet to stock and check for the OTA though. Not sure if having JB for 3 weeks ahead of time was worth the unlock.

nvrfgt343 likes this.
  10. jdjazz

jdjazz Newbie
    None

Mar 16, 2010
    hey all, i heard that if you use the "trick" that you will screw up your email and google play accounts....and the like. is this true? has anybody had these problems. I have not yet received the update and have yet to try the "trick". JR

11. oldngrumpy

oldngrumpy Newbie
    None

Mar 24, 2010
    Retired
    Arizona
    I got the update today. Checked for updates and nothing. Did the force close and clear data once and checked again and it was there.

12. OnePump

OnePump Newbie
    None

Sep 24, 2012

New Member here.. thought I'd give my two cents. After updating on friday night to JB, I can't stand the battery life. It's just killing my phone in 4 hours. Couldn't agree with TrophyNuts more. Thinking about Unlocking and Rooting for the first time ever because it's so bad.

TrophyNuts: what rom and kernel do you use to optimize battery life? I understand that it's different for everyone being that usage is different for everyone, but i'd just like to get your thoughts. Hell, i'd even like to go back to ICS at this point. Junk is redic.

13. Jezi_Buckz

Jezi_Buckz Newbie
    None

May 11, 2010
    Minnesota
    Does someone have the list to complete change log?

14. politzer

politzer Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 19, 2011
    Tried the trick and got as far as downloading, but it keeps failing. The WiFi connection I'm on it good but a little weak. I have Google Wallet but it never works anyway so i could uninstall it. What's the concensus? Keep trying?

15. politzer

None

Nov 19, 2011
    Rebooted the phone and came back in to Settings>About>System Update and found the JRO030 screen already up again, without having to to the trick again. Still failing everytime. Also, if I ignore it, it attempts to download after the fail on it it's own, usually after about 4 or 5 minutes.

16. concreteguy

concreteguy Newbie
    None

Jun 1, 2011
    Carpenter
    Rushville, OH
    Trick just worked for me (just like the ICS update before). I've been tring for a couple of days (4-6 times at a try). 1st try today.:cool:

17. Booya

Booya Well-Known Member
    None

Tried that trick and it worked on the first try thanks! Install took about 10 minutes. Playing around with Google Now.

18. iron_city

iron_city Member
    None

Nov 5, 2010
    No problems at all with GMail and Google Play.

I've gotten new GMail and app updates under JB after running this trick yesterday.

19. barqer

barqer Newbie
    None

Dec 20, 2011
    Interesting. I am actually noticing wayyyyy better battery life on my phone after the update. I barely got any cell signal at work, so my phone would last 6 hours tops while at work. After the update, I now get about 2 bars of signal at work and my battery lasted a solid 10 hours with moderate use yesterday.

I even turned on GPS full time (always had it off before) and installed and set the biomechanical droid live wallpaper. With all of that going yesterday, still 10 hours.

20. Neera

Neera Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 4, 2010
    Female
    IL
    iron_city likes this.
  21. paradiddle

paradiddle Lurker
    None

Sep 14, 2012
    Floriduh
    just got JB last night on auto update with VZW.

22. bradyapba

bradyapba Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 6, 2011
    Woke up this morning to JB downloaded on auto update. I had no idea it was even coming. I hadnt been to the forums in a while. It was like christmas. Butter is accurate.

23. rogueally

rogueally Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 20, 2010
    Whats up everybody...i just bought my g'nex on sunday (came from a bionic with the ics leak) and got jb today at around 5. So far so good. Dolphin browser hd still works amazingly well. Battery life so far seems better. I have two batteries, was at 42% when I started paying with google now and used all 42% in about 3 hours using google now and surfing the web. Thanks to project butter, the phone is smoother than ever, quicker than ICS and more responsive than ICS.

24. politzer

None

Nov 19, 2011
    Day 2 of getting JB. Got it using the trick method - not OTA.

First, when I go to update exisiting apps or install new apps, am getting error messages and can't complete.

Secondly, the phone started spontaneously rebooting multiple times. Had to force stop the app I was trying to use to get it to stop.

Talked to Samsung and was told I have the wrong baseband version for this upgrade. On hold with VZW now to figure out if the OTA goes out will I be able to get it and get the right build or if this is something else altogether.

Tags: