• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Galaxy Nexus Receiving 4.1.1 Update Now!

For those who have gotten the update and have had enough time to play with it?

What improvements, enhancements, additions, or changes can we expect with this JB rollout on the Verizon Galaxy Nexus?

(And I'm talking performance, radios, battery, LTE, etc.)

Guides/Moderators, I didn't post this question here because this thread is mainly focused on confirming that a user has received the update, and ways to "force" the update to show up. If you believe this is the best place for this question, then cool, but I'm afraid that in the current premise of this thread, my discussion will get lost. Thanks!

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
My phone keeps mocking me...it keeps saying "your system is currently up to date" when it damn well knows its not...blasted phone lol

I'm in CO still waiting as well. When 4.04 was released, I remember having to do the force stop/clear data a few times to get it working. Maybe 10 or so. That's what I'm doing now, while sipping my friday evening martini :D

Upvote 0
You act like this is something new. :D It's the same build that was leaked a couple months ago.

Most (not all) people liked the updated radio and JB is smoother and faster than ICS. Battery life is about the same.
I like the analogy the guy on Droid Life gave-"Kinda feels like that moment where you spent $10 on scratch-offs and won $10..."

Upvote 0
I downloaded the leak over a month ago.....and the OTA is the exact same build as this!!! Seriously Verizon????? It took over a month after the GSM version got JB to get the leak out, only to have another month go by to release the OTA???? I am glad I am unlocked and rooted...especially since its the same build. Sort of sad that a Nexus is lagging behind other phones that got JB when its the Google flagship. Way to go Big Red.

On a happier note.....GRATS to all the Verizon users who are finally getting JB.....its awesome!!!! Google Now!!! Project Butter!!!! Have fun everyone!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones