1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Verizon Galaxy Note 2 worth it?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Daemon101, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Daemon101

Daemon101 Lurker
    None

Mar 8, 2013
    Hi, I've been lurking here for several weeks now and finally decided to open an account. I wanted some help making a decision regarding the Note 2. I was really considering getting a Note 2, I had my heart set on it up until I read a few reports of verizon basically neutering the phone, by removing certain aspects, such as the wireless charging feature, and blocking mode and such.

I basically am now stuck on the fence on whether to get the note 2,or just go ahead and wait for the s4. And for anyone with the verizon note 2, is it handicapped beyond belief or are the features they took non noticeable? (Besides the wireless charging...)

Advertisement

2. snsjets

snsjets Member
    None

Sep 21, 2010
    Bonney Lake, WA
    I've had my VZW Note II for 3 months and absolutely love it! I was on the fence too for a while but am so glad I pulled the trigger. The Note II is a huge improvement over my Thunderbolt. IMO some of the missing features you mentioned (not that noticeable to me) are not worth denying yourself a great device.

Daemon101 likes this.
  3. opalfrog

opalfrog Member
    None

Jan 6, 2013
    Female
    Michigan
    Hello and welcome to the forums.

I have Verizon and for me I have no problems with my N2. It does everything I could possibly want and a lot more.

When I charge my phone I just plug it in at night. If I forget to charge it it's not a problem cause the battery life is so good.

Daemon101 likes this.
  4. Daemon101

Daemon101 Lurker
    None

Mar 8, 2013
    Ok, that's all I needed to hear, I'm gonna go ahead and get the Note. thx for the reply

5. snsjets

snsjets Member
    None

Sep 21, 2010
    Bonney Lake, WA
    Oh yeah, I should have mentioned that too. Charging the Note II is not a big deal. I charge mine every 1.5 days.

6. ceva321

ceva321 Android Enthusiast
    None

I am also on Verizon and to me back when i got this phone in December was the stupid logo on the home button, which after one day i did not care anymore cause the phone is fantastic...go ahead and get it.... :)

Daemon101 likes this.
  7. Nightfall

Nightfall Well-Known Member
    None

May 12, 2010
    The Verizon Note 2 is, by far, the best phone I have ever owned. I shouldn't call it a phone because I don't talk on it that much. Its a personal data device. It does everything I need it to do and then some. It keeps me entertained when I am forced to wait in line for something or wait in queue at the secretary of state's office. It keeps me informed at all times with my email, news, sports, weather, facebook, twitter, and so on.

The best part of the Note 2 though, is the battery. Yes, the battery is simply awesome. I can go all day using it and it will still have a charge at the end of the day. Yes, I do charge my phone a lot, but its during the days when I don't have access to a charger and I need it to go for 16+ hours is when it really shines. Just yesterday, I had a hockey tournament to referee and then I went to a hockey game after that. The only time I charged it was for 15 minutes in the car when I drove to the hockey game. I used my phone pretty hard by playing games on it, sending emails, and so on. At the end of the day, I had 30% left on it. Simply amazing.

Get this phone.

Daemon101 likes this.
  8. dcooper830

dcooper830 Newbie
    None

Dec 4, 2011
    Ive had mine for 2 months now (Verizon) and im extremely happy with it!

There isn't a smartphone out there right now that I'd rather have!!

Daemon101 likes this.
  9. shelbyfan

shelbyfan Newbie
    None

Jan 9, 2013
    Male
    Wireless charging? Is Nikola Tesla alive?

As to your question. It's worth it.

Daemon101 likes this.
  10. you2

you2 Android Expert
    None

Jun 29, 2010
    The only reason I considered the note 2 is because the verizon hacks can be removed easily due to the good folks at xda:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2118348

-
    I would not have purchased the note 2 if I had to run the stock verizon rom; no offense but nearly all of verizon addition devalued the experience. I don't mind them locking the bootloader but locking it and then adding a bunch of broken hacks is just lame.

Daemon101 likes this.
  11. Daemon101

Daemon101 Lurker
    None

Mar 8, 2013
    Today's the day, I'm gonna slap a few hundred on a debit card and get it off Amazon wireless, thanks for all of your input, I'm so glad Verizon didn't totally neuter the phone, can't wait.

12. ne0lyfeism

ne0lyfeism Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 19, 2010
    Male
    In the burbs of SEPA
    My VZW Note 2 has been stock from day one with no changes. Not sure what broken hacks you're talking about, but this is easily the best phone/device I've ever owned.

13. Quicky28

Quicky28 Lurker
    None

Mar 4, 2013
    I recently got the Note 2 on Verizon maybe a month or so ago and I couldnt be happier. I came from Iphone 4S and was contemplating either going to the Iphone 5 or the Note 2 and I am glad I chose the Note 2.

Not only is it a completely different phone than I am used to, it does everything you ever need it to. The only thing that sometimes bothers me about the VZW note 2 is that you cant continuously swipe left to right on the home screen like you can on other carriers. Its not a big deal to me though because you can always run a different launcher.

14. snsjets

snsjets Member
    None

Sep 21, 2010
    Bonney Lake, WA
    You won't be disappointed. :thumb:

15. Gnomatic

Gnomatic Newbie
    None

Jul 4, 2011
    You made a great decision. I just got the Note 2 last week, it is a SPECTACULAR phone!:)

I was looking forward ditching my Droid Charge and the large, beautiful screen on the GN2 sold me on it. I was expecting to really like it, for it be a big upgrade, but had no clue what a truly great \device it is until getting my hands on it for a couple days. 'WOW' is a word I'm using a lot lately, as I learn more about the phone. I need to find a thread for GN2 n00bs like me somewhere LOL that discusses all the great things this phone can do so I can get the most out of it. I know right now I'm just scratching the surface.

I'm sure I'll eventually root mine once I become more familiar with what it can and cannot do.

16. rabernet

rabernet Android Enthusiast

There's a work around for the hidden blocking mode. It's not removed or disabled, just hidden.

How to: Enable “Blocking Mode” on Verizon’s Galaxy Note 2 – Droid Life

Congrats on choosing your Note 2. I've had mine since December and love it!

17. you2

you2 Android Expert
    None

Jun 29, 2010
    the 'hidden block' mode is one of a few; but this thread is not the appropriate place for this discussion. If you start a new thread I will be happy to comment; or you can use google search :)

18. Daemon101

Daemon101 Lurker
    None

Mar 8, 2013
    I just wanna say a BIG thank you to everyone who posted as I've recently received my galaxy note 2. 3 of my friends have one now! It's just that cool, I could go on all day but I'm not, big thanx though to everyone, I can't imagine life without an s-pen...thank goodness you ppl saved me from getting an s4, not downing it, but OMG I love the Note 2

19. Wiley_11

Wiley_11 Android Enthusiast
    None

May 9, 2011
    SoCal

That's how I still feel after 3 1/2 months! :D

20. eddie8

eddie8 Newbie
    None

Jan 3, 2013
    Male
    New York