1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Verizon Galaxy S3 corrupting SD card, need help, please

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Zonkers, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Zonkers

Zonkers Lurker

I've read through dozens of threads, on several forums, blogs, tech sites, etc and haven't really found a root cause of the issue I am having.

I copy music from my pc directly onto my phone's external sd card (SanDisk Ultra 32 GB MicroSDHC C10/UHS1) and over the past few months I've noticed that the music is disappearing. I did some digging and found some folders renamed with a

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

The root cause appears to be that Samsung wrote bad code, or used bad memory. I'd copy a few sites where you see the same problem (as you said, there are dozens) and contact Samsung to see if they have any plans to fix the problem or replace the phones.

Zonkers likes this.
  3. Zonkers

Zonkers Lurker

Thank you, unfortunately, in the threads that directly referred to Samsung owning up to it being their issue, they have not. It's fallen back on the sd card manufacturer. I was just hoping to find out if there was a known root cause or something I could avoid doing to have the problem happen again with a new card.

4. WAWood8

WAWood8 Well-Known Member

It's not just SanDisk cards . I've had four different SD cards fail and only ONE was a SanDisk.

However, I've also had one SD card NOT fail -- and it was a Samsung. So, if you can, see if you can get one of those.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews