1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Verizon Galaxy S3 corrupting SD card, need help, please

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Zonkers, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Zonkers

Zonkers Lurker
    None

Dec 30, 2013
    Computer Tech
    I've read through dozens of threads, on several forums, blogs, tech sites, etc and haven't really found a root cause of the issue I am having.

I copy music from my pc directly onto my phone's external sd card (SanDisk Ultra 32 GB MicroSDHC C10/UHS1) and over the past few months I've noticed that the music is disappearing. I did some digging and found some folders renamed with a

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    The root cause appears to be that Samsung wrote bad code, or used bad memory. I'd copy a few sites where you see the same problem (as you said, there are dozens) and contact Samsung to see if they have any plans to fix the problem or replace the phones.

Zonkers likes this.
  3. Zonkers

Zonkers Lurker
    None

Dec 30, 2013
    Computer Tech
    Thank you, unfortunately, in the threads that directly referred to Samsung owning up to it being their issue, they have not. It's fallen back on the sd card manufacturer. I was just hoping to find out if there was a known root cause or something I could avoid doing to have the problem happen again with a new card.

4. WAWood8

WAWood8 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 20, 2011
    It's not just SanDisk cards . I've had four different SD cards fail and only ONE was a SanDisk.

However, I've also had one SD card NOT fail -- and it was a Samsung. So, if you can, see if you can get one of those.