• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Verizon galaxy s5 battery problems

boychik0830

Lurker
Apr 11, 2016
how can I fix the battery life on my vzw s5. I cannot tell what is making it die so quickly. It only lasts usually 5 to 7 hours before requiring a charge. I looked at my settings and it said the biggest battery drain was android os and I have no idea what that is supposed to mean. I have to depend on charger everyday in order to make sure it wont die on me. just today it was at I think 60% at 8 something this morning after being unplugged around 6 today. There is no reason my phone should be dying this quickly. my phone battery is so unreliable and I don't know what to do about it happened ever since I got lollipop last year. It was bad when I got lollipop last year but it seems even worse than before. I am attaching some pictures to see if anyone can figure out how to fix it. I refuse to do a factory reset because I am afraid it will be a big hassle which wont fix anything at all. Can someone please help me figure out I can make my phone last me most of the day without dying at all thanks. it drops really fast in like no time at all and I have no idea why.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-04-08-14-13-52.png
    Screenshot_2016-04-08-14-13-52.png
    179.7 KB · Views: 75
  • Screenshot_2016-04-08-14-14-02.png
    Screenshot_2016-04-08-14-14-02.png
    162.8 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot_2016-04-11-12-32-17.png
    Screenshot_2016-04-11-12-32-17.png
    156.5 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot_2016-04-11-12-32-36.png
    Screenshot_2016-04-11-12-32-36.png
    179.5 KB · Views: 61
1st off, get rid of Notifications on every app you have.
2nd, get rid of the social apps ( use a browser instead )

I just installed Instagram because someone was begging me to do that, and my Note 4 started loosing 40% batter overnight while I am sleeping.... so I uninstalled it... baa baa black sheep as far as I am concerned.

3rd, use * MacroDroid - Device Automation - Android Apps on Google Play
to turn off the internet when you are not using the phone.
Sense the screen "awake/unlocked" and have it turn on WiFi.
Sense the screen OFF or locked, and have it turn off WiFi.

4th always leave DATA turned OFF unless you are away from the house and have to use it....

Unless I have the phone in my hands and actually need the internet, I do NOT allow DATA to be ON period.

Upvote 0
My phone was always dying quickly, I found a great solution actually a few solutions that extended my battery life. First off I turned of those live wallpapers, they suck your battery dry very quickly. 2nd I turned of data and wifi hen not using my phone, this also saved my battery. 3rd I turned on the power saving setting and chose the greyscale display feature when I'm not using my phone, the display uses about 60% of your battery, putting it in grayscale slows down battery usage greatly. Just by using these three things I extended my battery life upto 47 hours on the last count.

Reactions: AZgl1500
Upvote 0
Technically, a Keyboard ought not to effect battery life.
it is not doing anything when not in use.

Can't argue with your success though.

For me, I turn off the internet when the screen is locked. That seems to slow the battery consumption way down on my S5 and Note 4.

I also have all motion and gestures disabled, a solid black background to keep from lighting up the screen if nothing in use...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones