• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] Google Maps Inverts Its Navigation Start Screen

gapi

Android Expert
May 14, 2011
N GA
alcphoto.net
So........ The Google Map Devs dabble into the inversion world.

stripclubhyst.png

Reactions: jbdan
Why did you make your icons so ugly

One man's trash is another man's treasure right ;)

They don't look ugly to me. Just colorful and large. He did it to more easily glance at his phone (ie. while driving) to see what it is doing as he is often on the go.

Excuse me senor gapi for answering for you, but I think I got it right, right?! :D

Reactions: gapi
Upvote 0
Why did you make your icons so ugly

Your talking of the status bar eh? That's the "Special version with Gapi designed icons:" MOD by Zaphod-Breeblebrox. Here .

Yes, to be able to glance at speed from an arms or more length in the car cradle while battling traffic. The OE is too small for that and designed for a hand held/nearer your face experience.
And like the cameras in Hollywood that add 10 pounds to any actor. So do the screen shots in make'n em a little larger than life.

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones