1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] Google Now, Voice Search is crap now.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ymDroid, Sep 9, 2012.

1. gapi

gapi Android Expert

XenonHD is the best on my phone. I have tried AOKP, Sourcery, Belly, CNA, and was getting discouraged. The last one was XenonHD and I'm home for now.

They are all in experimental mode though.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. gapi

gapi Android Expert

I just did the same nd it called gamestop, and found the nearest McDonalds. Whew! That was close.

3. gapi

gapi Android Expert

Don't blame the ROM. I just tried what failed for you and it succeeded for me.

Make a nandroid and do a good wipe and flash again? Thats what I do before I condemn a ROM.

But my Honda 90 may go 5mph faster than your Honda 90 - Eh?

4. gapi

gapi Android Expert

I am a staunch, die hard, AOKP supporter that donates but, for now, XenonHD is doing better for me.

You betcha JB4 will be stroked on my device.

5. ymDroid

ymDroid Well-Known Member

Running JB Sourcery and Google Now is perfect. I have clean wiped and flash the last 2 versions of Xenon (going to 12 then going to 13).

My other Nexus with stock JB is also perfect.

Its the ROM. At least on my Honda.

6. ymDroid

Just an update...

ALL CLEAN FLASHED.

Google Now working prperly on:

JB Sourcery 2.3
    Clean JRO03O ASOP
    XenonHD v14

Google Now is being stupid with:

XenonHD v13
    Bugless Beast JB

AOKP v4 is apprently dropping today, so I'll clean flash and try that one next.

7. LTek1

LTek1 Member

Okay, my Google Now has gone nuts again. Below is an example of something that works perfectly when I type it, then detects my voice perfectly, but behaves completely differently.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Xenon 14, which seemed to be previously working fine.

Sorry for the double post, but this thread is more visible to everyone using Now.

8. ymDroid

Ha... I got me thinking. So I tried my Google now that was working perfectly with Xenon v14. And. Now it's doing the same thing as yours.

This sucks.

Time to roll to AOKP.

9. funkmonkey

funkmonkey Lurker

Voice search was always crap. Nothing but a gimmick.
    I cant think of a single situation where using it was quicker than actually using whatever function it was that i wanted to use anyway.

Google now just makes things worse. I cant say im impressed with constant google navigate in the background navigating me to places i went to a week ago that just plain wont **** off. I hate to say this as ive been a fan of Android from the beginning but its seriously starting to annoy me now having these useless gimmicky non intuitive bits of bloatware installed.

The other issue i get is with g+ constantly attempting to upload pics off my phone despite 'instant uploads' being disabled on my phone, tablet, and pc web browser.

Looking forward to ubuntu mobile as a possible alternative.

10. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

You search for and bump an old thread about a bug in some ROMs to tell everyone that you don't like voice search?

11. ymDroid

8 post
    No details listed in the account

Pretty much just joined to gripe about GV search.

All my issues were corrected many ROMS ago.

Sounds like trolling...

12. Google voice search has always sucked, and lagged behind Apple's voice search. Ever try voice dialing? Now that really sucks. Welcome to Android.

13. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Android Expert

I use voice dialing almost everyday... Works great 99% of the time.

In fact the only time I have issues is a OE problem (Operator Error), like only using the person's first name when their in the phone book with first and last...

14. You should play the lottery

15. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

We don't accuse people of trolling here. We discuss devices, issues and procedures... we never attack people. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation :)

Rxpert83 likes this.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews