1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] Google wallet

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bigbear6708, Aug 11, 2012.

1. bigbear6708

bigbear6708 Android Enthusiast

Hey guys. I think I know the Answer to this...just want to be sure though. Does flashing a kernel and only wiping cache affect wallet...or must I clear data before kernel flashing too?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jova33

jova33 Android Expert

you don't need to wipe anything when flashing a kernel..... and I only wipe(if i remember to) wallet when I do a clean flash of a ROM. But I've clean flashed many of times and not wiped wallet. I just never restore data from titanium for wallet. Oh wait, I've done that too. Haven't bricked the secure element yet. So I guess to be safe, do it when you clean flash a new ROM

edit: I really don't understand the question..... just flash the kernel and drive on?

3. bigbear6708

Lol thx bud. I'm coming from evo 4g and it seems they preach wiping...so with nexus no wipe at all required for kernel flash?

4. jova33

jova33 Android Expert

correct. Don't wipe anything with a kernel flash. Not necessary

bigbear6708 likes this.
  5. bigbear6708

Last question...what about a dirty ROM update flash....reset the wallet prior?

6. jova33

jova33 Android Expert

Don't need to. Dirty flash and all your apps, including wallet, are preserved

jmar and bigbear6708 like this.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews