1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Verizon GS3 to PTEL Help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by S3PTEL, Oct 14, 2014.

1. S3PTEL

S3PTEL Lurker

I have a Verizon Galaxy S3 that i bought off Ebay. It is unlocked and i looked under the Mobile network settings and it says that it can use Global, GSM, and CDMA networks. It has Android 4.4.2 and is not rooted. I want a cheap prepaid service so i thought i would try PTEL, i bought SIM card and a activation card and activated my account and put in the SIM. I know that they use T-Mobile bands and i know i cant get 3G or 4G and can only get edge but i am fine with that. I don't really need data because i am around wifi almost all the time. I have set the APN to PTEL but haven't deleted the Verizon APN. I have read on different sites of people using Verizon S3's on T-mobile so i don't see why this wouldn't work. I put in the SIM and it says that its an unknown SIM but i cleared the message and when i try to call or text it says that theres no mobile network. Will this work or am i wasting my time, or are there just some steps that i am missing. Any help is appreciated.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews