1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] Gvoice 0.3.4 /Verizon Free calls issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steven58, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Steven58

Moderator Thread Starter

Using my DX, I was able to install gvoice 0.3.4 into system\apps. I'd give it permissions and I'd continue my free calls, as the gvoice number was in my friends and family numbers allotments.

Now, when I install it into system\apps it force closes. Additionally, when I install the up to date gvoice, I don't see that app in system\apps the same way I saw the older version.

I tried everything. I tried tricking my system by installing 0.3.4 into system\apps after installing the newer version. The funny thing was that the directory would show the older version but the newer version would still be installed. So, I figured it was called something else or it installed somewhere else.

If, on 4.0.3 it is no longer possible to use gvoice 0.3.4, then can someone recommend another way to get free internet calls? Tia.

Steven

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Germwise

Germwise Android Enthusiast

steven thanks for the search and sharing your results. I'm trying out that software. Its a bit clunky though.

I also used GV callback for a while which essentially uses data to tell GV who to call and then GV calls you.

Both are kind of annoying. I wish GV would just work as before where it called the same number or at least called your own number.

3. Steven58

Moderator Thread Starter

me.... too.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews