1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Verizon has a 4G plan $50/month 100 MB No contract

Discussion in 'Metro PCS' started by AppleUser, Aug 18, 2012.

1. AppleUser

AppleUser Android Enthusiast

What's the catch ? MetroPCS should be nervous.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. hYpHyPuRpLe

hYpHyPuRpLe Android Enthusiast

The catch is 100 mb..

3. trigger1074

trigger1074 Android Enthusiast

Metros gives you 250mb on a 40$ a month, 2.5 GB on a 50$ a month

4. Khemul

Khemul Well-Known Member

That is definitely a catch. 100mb is nothing. App upgrades alone can eat that. So then the concern would be what you fall on after 100. Any 3g limit? It may not be horrible is there is no 3g limit, or at least it is substantially higher.

5. trigger1074

its 10$ more for 150mb less, no deal lol

6. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

im only seeing that the 50$ plan is for dumb phones... i see that they have a smartphone package with 1gb of data for 80$ but metro still has unlimited data for 70$.... i dont think they need to be concerned just jet...

7. airtioteclint

airtioteclint Android Expert

Nervous?? You can't even download one rom with 250mb. I don't know who to laugh at. The people who came up with this or the people who are buying it.

8. nycnyc

nycnyc Well-Known Member

I call BS until a link/source is provided. Right now the only sort of 4G plan that Verizon has is for its Jetpack hotspot and tablets.

9. counter423

counter423 Newbie

I NEVER SEE THIS MENTIONED BUT,

metro pcs only slows down ur data; they dont cut it off.

Guess what happens after my $40 250 mbs are up? ...im still on taptalk and opera mini.

Metropcs the bess

10. trigger1074

on the 40$ Metro plan, you get 250 of 4Glte (not counted if on wifi) and then its throttled to 1x speeds until your next anniversary date, then resets.

11. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Extreme Android User

Just go to straight talk. $45 bucks a month unlimited. Data speeds average 6-7mb. Just gotta buy a SIM card which is 14 bucks and then activate it. ;)

12. pcgamer

pcgamer Android Enthusiast

13. trigger1074

14. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Extreme Android User

15. HotRoderX

HotRoderX Android Enthusiast

like others said the 100mb of data is the catch. That might allow you to surf websites for a few days or check your email once or twice before you hit cap.

16. THE W

THE W Android Expert

metroPCS should be laughing..

17. HotRoderX

The only plan they have listed on there sight that is anything like the metro plan is

Set Your Location

Which is 80 dollars a month for 1 gig of data then its 5cent per mb after. The catch with the 80 dollar Smart Phone plan is web on it does eat up your 1 gig of data. The 50 dollar dumb phone plan gives Unlimited web, txt, and messaging.

There is only one phone listed as being available for the pre paid smart phone plan.

I think if I was Metro I do the right thing and send Verizon a fruit basket before my commercials aired. The ones showing how Metro plans are far Superior to Verizon's.

18. HF78

HF78 Lurker

Or you could pay Verizon $30 a month for unlimited 4g. Gotta love being grandfathered in. I'll definitely be buying my next phone outright, so it can stay that way.

19. HotRoderX

They can change that at any time its up to them if they continue to offer the deal to you. Pretty much when you sign a cell contract your giving them the right to terminate it at any given time with out notice. The only reason they even do grandfathering at all is to keep customers happy who might other wise leave and go with a competitor.

Plus being grandfathered in does nothing for new users yes Verizon will continue to keep you as a customer. Yes Verizon might make some money off you paying full retail for the phone. Verizon will not make more money off you then a new customer thought. Thus there incentive to keep you over a new customer is not as high.

20. THE W

THE W Android Expert

$30 a month and $1,000,000 to build a time machine to go back in time to when they had untiered data plans.

not worth it.