1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] Help With Root

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by runahair18, Dec 20, 2012.

1. runahair18

runahair18 Lurker

Please i am an inexperienced noob is freaked by the thought of bricking my gs3. But wants to root really badly. i dont want to run custom roms all i want is root access. Is it safe? I cuurently have a galaxy s3 4g lte vzw 4.1.1:(:thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Is there a specific reason why you want to root? The reason I ask is that you sound new to rooting and unless you have a need for it, you're safer not to root (avoid some potential malware).

Now if you still want to go ahead and root, there is an easy way to do it by flashing a root injected stock rom from XDA (I'm too new here and have to read the rules before posting a link, but will be happy to help through PM).

Cheers

3. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'

Moved to Verizon S3 ATR forum to make sure that the correct methods get suggested.

4. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

Weclome runahair!

I just got my new S3 a couple days ago with the same JB version you do.
    I followed this guide to root:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2046439

Just remember to read carefully and read thru a few times to familiarize yourself with the process.:)

Ask us here if you are not familiar with anything in that guide.
    I just rooted last night without any data loss and am still on the stock rom.... just rooted now is all.

In the next week or so, I will probably flash a custom rom, but still researching that:)

If you are looking to remove bloat, I highly suggest getting Titanium Backup available in the market and then purchasing the ProKey for it. ($8.00?)
    It's well worth it as you can "freeze" applications, even system apps, to see if it has any negative effects on your phone before uninstalling them.

Rxpert83 and jhawkkw like this.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews