• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] How do I install TWRP 2.3.X?

egernant

Jun 30, 2010
I am sick of having the sdcard/0/0/0/0 problem, so I want to install the latest version of TWRP, which reportedly fixes this issue. I found the download and instructions here:

TeamWin Projects - TWRP 2.3 - Galaxy Nexus CDMA (Verizon) | TeamWin

Sorry for the noob question, but I don't understand the instructions. I downloaded the file to my phone and saved it in multiple locations (didn't specify where to save it), booted into FastBoot mode, and plugged it into my computer. Now I'm just stuck at the FastBoot screen with options to Start, Restart Bootloader, Recovery Mode, and Power Off. Where is this command line supposed to be, on the phone or on my PC? Also, the command line commands that are given don't make sense to me since they do not refer to a specific filepath. Can anyone walk me through this? Thanks so much!

I am sick of having the sdcard/0/0/0/0 problem, so I want to install the latest version of TWRP, which reportedly fixes this issue. I found the download and instructions here:

TeamWin Projects - TWRP 2.3 - Galaxy Nexus CDMA (Verizon) | TeamWin

Sorry for the noob question, but I don't understand the instructions. I downloaded the file to my phone and saved it in multiple locations (didn't specify where to save it), booted into FastBoot mode, and plugged it into my computer. Now I'm just stuck at the FastBoot screen with options to Start, Restart Bootloader, Recovery Mode, and Power Off. Where is this command line supposed to be, on the phone or on my PC? Also, the command line commands that are given don't make sense to me since they do not refer to a specific filepath. Can anyone walk me through this? Thanks so much!
Install goo.im and update it from there

Reactions: egernant
Upvote 0
I tried that as well and couldn't find the file. There wasn't a specific folder for customer recoveries that I found, so I went into the dev/Teamwin folder. Nothing there either. Can anyone assist?

EDIT: I searched for TWRP and found several recovery files to install, but none with "toro" in the name.

EDIT #2: Never mind, I searched TWRP Toro and then it came up just fine. I guess I just got impatient and gave up too quickly, thanks for the help.

Upvote 0
Ok...so I went and installed TWRP....Tried to boot into recovery with Clockwork Mod to see is I could get to CWrecovery. Comes up TWRP...... When I try to restore I get a blank folder.......do I need to mount anything, or how to I point it to my nandroids, which I can find in root file mgr.....I can also can get to the folders using the install button of TWRP which goes to the sd card , is that the same if I want to install a nandroid, should I need too.? It looks like TWRP has a root explorer file manger built into it which is the same way you could browse around CWM. That make sense?

thanks

billd

Upvote 0
As tdevaughn posted, nandroids created with CWRecovery will not be compatible nor found once you flash TWRecovery and vise-versa.

So if I understand correctly your situation, restore back and/or flash CWRecovery and your CWRecovery nandroids will become available to you. The same will be true if you go the other way; i.e. after a flash of TWRecovery any nandroids created with that custom recovery will only be available and usable with TWRecovery.

Clear as mud? Maybe not at first, but if you follow a linear logic to these things, then the light turns on.

good luck

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones