1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] How stable are these ROM's?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by actofgod, Apr 22, 2012.

1. actofgod

actofgod Well-Known Member

I only ask this because the last phone I rooted was my Dinc and I had CM7 on it and it was constantly having issues. As such, I'm hesitant to go through that again on my Gnex with an OTA update allegedly coming up soon. I was considering the AOKP32 build. Stable?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Outatime

Outatime Android Expert

I run LiquidSmooth and it's better than stock. Pre root over the course of the first three months or so I had the phone, I had two reboots. Post root running AOKP, BAMF and finally LS, I have not had one.

3. funkbucket007

funkbucket007 Member

Before I installed a custom ROM on my Nexus, I'd get random restarts at least once a day. Since then, I've been on Apex and several different versions of Gummy (currently Gummy 1.0.1 with Imoseyon's 3.2.2 kernel and the leaked 4.0.4 radios) and have had no such issues. The phone is bulletproof now.

4. actofgod

actofgod Well-Known Member

This is good news, I'm extremely tired of VZW non updates. Hmm

5. DannyJSlone

DannyJSlone Android Enthusiast

I am running the liquid rom and have had zero issues. Instead of apex launcher though I use nova launcher and the new 4.0.4 radios this phone is awesome. I was on a Droid incredible as well that was rooted so I was hesitant as well. You won't regret it at all.

6. jbdan

jbdan Extreme Android User

Everything out now for the GN is very stable and very reliable IMO (besides a couple alpha projects). There are bugs in ALL roms, whether they affect you or not, well you'll have to see for yourself. Go for it and have a blast!

7. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

Redemption Rom and BAMF are my two favorites, very stable

8. ckelly33

ckelly33 Android Expert

I'm running rooted stock (4.0.2) with 4.0.4 radios. So many choices for ROMs but I don't need a ton of bells and whistles....are any of these better than others at battery life?

Outatime likes this.
  9. viper689

viper689 Android Expert

That's opening a can of worms lol. Everyone will tell you something different, but my best experience has come from my current setup of LiquidSmooth 1.25 in conjunction with LeanKernel 2.8

trophynuts, ckelly33 and Outatime like this.
  10. TexDaddy57

TexDaddy57 Well-Known Member

My limited experience has proved that Liquid Smooth 1.3 is bullet proof...but so is AOKP B33 :)

When I flashed LS1.3, the & 4.0.4 radios I went from 3 bars of 3G outside on my porch to 3 solid bars inside (house has aluminum siding). My battery is about the same but the phone feels cooler. I got the same with B33 after a clean install. That's just my experience though. I would say go for it,
    Liquid 1.3(flash the extras & 4.0.4 radio)
    OR
    AOKP B33 (flash the extras)
    Both of these are like a rock!

11. swagner53

swagner53 Android Enthusiast

AOKP build 33. Lean Kernel

The device is very stable-- enough so that I use this as my daily driver with 3 email accounts/calendars syncing, helpdesk software, and a slew of other stuff all the time. It is essential to my work that this functions well as I am an IT director and if it doesn't work on my end I can't keep things working for everyone else!

12. Turdbogls

Turdbogls Android Expert

the problem with your INC and CM7 is that it was never meant to run AOSP...hence the issues with it. i had the same problem with my thunderbolt..constantly had issues and GPS working was a major one.

anyway, since this is a pure google phone and the code is basically pulled from AOSP, all the ROMs are super stable...since they are also built from the same code with some tweaks thrown in there. i literally haven't had a random reboot since i flashed 4.0.3 over 3 months ago

quiklives likes this.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews