• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] How To Do A Hard Reset - Goodbye Galaxy Nexus

DoctorEyeSight

Android Enthusiast
Feb 25, 2012
Goodbye Galaxy nexus and welcome Note 4!

I have to say goodbye to the GNexus, I have had it for almost 3 years and have no complaints! I love this phone, it was my first ever smartphone.

It's unlocked, rooted, and running a custom kernel/rom.

I want to do a hard-reset and wipe out everything and bring it back to stock.

How can I do this guys?

Goodbye Galaxy nexus and welcome Note 4!

I have to say goodbye to the GNexus, I have had it for almost 3 years and have no complaints! I love this phone, it was my first ever smartphone.

It's unlocked, rooted, and running a custom kernel/rom.

I want to do a hard-reset and wipe out everything and bring it back to stock.

How can I do this guys?
Wugs Nexus ToolKit has that option, iirc.

Upvote 0
Hello,

Since my phone is unlocked/rooted/running a custom rom/kernel, can I just go to settings and press "Factory Data Reset"?

Or is it best I go through Wugs nexus toolkit?

Factory Reset may not wipe all of your personal data. What ever you do check afterwards to verify that your personal data has been deleted. Personally I would encrypt my phone and then reset it.

Upvote 0
Factory Reset may not wipe all of your personal data. What ever you do check afterwards to verify that your personal data has been deleted. Personally I would encrypt my phone and then reset it.

What do you mean that you would encrypt your phone and then reset it? How would you do so? Using Wug's toolkit is not enough in doing a hard reset? I've seen videos on how people are just doing data-factory reset through ClockWordmod, is this the best option?

Upvote 0
What do you mean that you would encrypt your phone and then reset it? How would you do so? Using Wug's toolkit is not enough in doing a hard reset? I've seen videos on how people are just doing data-factory reset through ClockWordmod, is this the best option?

You should be able to find Encrypt phone under Security in Settings. This is just an extra step to help ensure any personal data stays personal. Once encrypted any reset should render your personal information unreachable. I would use Wug's toolkit to reset. What ever method you use to reset, just verify that the reset did in fact wipe your personal data.

Upvote 0
I am sorry that I am so late to this thread.

A factory data reset should wipe out all your personal data, apps, call logs, your account syncs, etc. But not your photos, music or other potential downloads. Also a factory data reset does not unroot the phone and relock your bootloader, and further return it to full stock.

As mentioned, wugs toolkit should have the option to do that and/or flash the factory image to your phone. Flashing the stock factory image to your phone will wipe it completely and make it totally stock again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones