1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] How to flash radios with WUG's Galaxy?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Dabitz, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Dabitz

Dabitz Android Enthusiast

I unlocked and rooted using Wug's tool kit, however I can't find any information on how to flash radios, etc.? Do you have to unzip the files first? Also, the link to the 4.04 radios is down.

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks...

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dabitz

Update, well I tried flashing the radios and then my phone would not recognize them so I unrooted. So much for never going back after rooting... :-(

3. ckelly33

ckelly33 Android Expert

Once you have it unlocked, download the new radios' zip package and then unzip it using clockwork. It sounds more complicated than it is, but I did it yesterday and it was easy.....and I have little to no experience with this stuff.

Stressful, yes. Hard, no. And Wug's tool was FANTASTIC!

4. Dabitz

How do you unzip using clockwork? I had unzip with winzip and tried flashing the img file within Wug's. Then it would not recognize the radios. I'll try again tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

5. jbdan

jbdan Extreme Android User

If your downloading a .zip file of the radio in question, you would flash it like you do any other .zip in CWM. Flash it like you would a ROM, kernel, theme, etc...

What version of cwm are you running and where did you dnld the radio file from?

trophynuts likes this.
  6. ckelly33

ckelly33 Android Expert

Dont unzip it. I download into my computer,hook up my GN via USB and place the zip file in the main directory. Go to clockwork (ROM manager in market) andselect reboot to recovery. Use the up/down arrows to select "install zip from SD card" and follow the instruction from there. When you are done, reboot and that is it.

7. Dabitz

Thanks, I will try again.

8. Dabitz

I downloaded them from here: Goo.im Downloads - Browsing radios (4.0.4Radios.zip). I will save it to the main directory and install after I reboot to recovery. The WUG's tool kit had a flash option so I thought I was supposed to flash stuff from there. I had no idea ROM Manager=CWM. I never flashed anything on my phone before. It's funny the instructions cover everything but to how to flash stuff, etc.

Thanks.

9. JE78

JE78 Android Enthusiast

My question is how do you tell it which .IMG file to load? One is CDMA, I assume the other is GSM?

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews