1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [Verizon] How to get root back after Verizon update - RESOLVED

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nsa_sailor, Jan 19, 2013.

1. nsa_sailor

nsa_sailor Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 6, 2011
    Engineer
    Wichita

Advertisement

2. pool_shark

pool_shark Android Expert

Aug 21, 2010
    Male
    Infrastructure Engineer
    Ohio
    This is one of the reasons you don't need to take OTA updates after rooting.
    Updates are much more timely when using a custom ROM, which also have more features than stock.

From what I read, it seems the OTA update did a lot more than patch the one particular exploit.

This post was started by the guy that came up with the bootloader unlock process.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2107738

Here is another one.

http://rootzwiki.com/news/_/article...laxy-note-2-update-locks-developers-out-r1336

3. SOCOM-HERO

SOCOM-HERO Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 4, 2011
    So, what if you haven't yet rooted the phone and are on this latest OTA? Is it now impossible to root the phablet?

rant: VZW needs to piss off, this is getting ridiculous...reminds me of the cat and mouse game they played with the DX that I still have. /rant

4. BetaMan

BetaMan Android Enthusiast
    None

May 4, 2010
    Male
    Self Employed IT Engineer
    U.S.A.
    I've had my VZW Note 2 since Dec. 21st and used the app from Google Play to root. Worked like a charm. Then I applied the fix to make multiview work with ANY app and it too worked like a charm. Then I got STUPID and tried to load a custom bootloader and "bricked" my phone. I downloaded Odin and a stock ROM image and fixed my phone (returned it to stock) but the 1-click method wouldn't work any longer. I had to download a pre-rooted odin file. Afterwards, I tried to apply the multiview fix and it bricked my phone again. I had to run Odin again and put the pre-rooted ROM back on the phone again. So I DO have root, but I can't get the multiview to work AND I can't load a unlocked bootloader either.

Freakin' Verizon!

5. smpross

smpross Member
    None

Jan 1, 2010
    Okay, So I am rooted using the Exynos abuse app that I downloaded. What will happen if I apply this update?

I am not running any customer roms. Is there a change log of what this update does?

6. Putty

Putty Android Expert
    None

May 31, 2010
    OH--IO
    What fix are you talking about here?