• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Verizon HTC One M8, connection issues

Mattacks

Lurker
Jan 15, 2016
Hello everyone. I recently switched to MetroPCS from Verizon, and kept my phone. After going through a crazy hassle rooting the phone I was finally able to load a new ROM. I chose Skydragon and it seems to work well. I put the APN settings in for Metro and everything functions, voice MMS, and LTE data. The problem is, without a reason or pattern, all service cuts out. I can't make calls, send texts, or use data. I reset the phone and everything works fine for a while. I tried reloading the ROM with it setup for T-Mobile, Verizon, or International without any difference other than the Verizon one showing the unknown SIM warning message. Do I need a different ROM or is this something else?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones