1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Verizon HTC One M8, connection issues

Discussion in 'Metro PCS' started by Mattacks, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Mattacks

Mattacks Lurker

Hello everyone. I recently switched to MetroPCS from Verizon, and kept my phone. After going through a crazy hassle rooting the phone I was finally able to load a new ROM. I chose Skydragon and it seems to work well. I put the APN settings in for Metro and everything functions, voice MMS, and LTE data. The problem is, without a reason or pattern, all service cuts out. I can't make calls, send texts, or use data. I reset the phone and everything works fine for a while. I tried reloading the ROM with it setup for T-Mobile, Verizon, or International without any difference other than the Verizon one showing the unknown SIM warning message. Do I need a different ROM or is this something else?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DirtyDee

DirtyDee Android Expert

Is it still doing it , my mother has a droid DNA and works fine with hspa perhaps you need to turn off CDMA (my droid ultra one day just quit getting data on T-Mobile but would get it on Verizon still)

3. Mattacks

Mattacks Lurker

It is still doing it. How would I completely turn off CDMA?

4. DirtyDee

DirtyDee Android Expert

Well it's a custom rom have you tried #*#*7935*#*# and selecting GSM/wcdma/lte in the phone testing menus?

5. Mattacks

Mattacks Lurker

I get an error message, Connection problem or invalid MMI code