• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] Hyperdrive RSL7 (4.3) seems buggy

darkcyber

Android Expert
Nov 12, 2009
North Alabama
I have Hyperdrive RSL7 installed and been playing with it for a day now and seems a bit buggy to me. First, Titanium Backup has some problems running. When I am selecting apps to restore it crashes. Finally, after a long time and working with it I was able to get my apps restored. Then today I went to phone>settings>display>brightness and every time I clicked on "brightness" I got "unfortunately, Settings has stopped". Does it every single time. Then another time today can't remember what I was doing but I got some error like Si.(something) has stopped working (can't remember exactly what it was). I clicked OK about a hundred times and it just kept giving me that error with the OK. I finally had to do a battery pull and reboot it to get it stopped.

So, for now, I am going to switch over to JellyBean 4.3 and see if it is any better. :(

I used several ROMs on 4.3 and HD was the most stable of all of them, for me. I would get an occasional error, by that I mean once a week possibly. Because I use my phone as our home internet I swap out batteries daily so my phone is getting rebooted regularly. Not sure if that makes any difference at all. I hope you have better luck with JB, it's a good ROM, I used it for awhile but enjoyed HD more.

Upvote 0
I used several ROMs on 4.3 and HD was the most stable of all of them, for me. I would get an occasional error, by that I mean once a week possibly. Because I use my phone as our home internet I swap out batteries daily so my phone is getting rebooted regularly. Not sure if that makes any difference at all. I hope you have better luck with JB, it's a good ROM, I used it for awhile but enjoyed HD more.

Well, for now, I am staying on Hyperdrive...I like some of the features. So, basically I am just putting up with the bugs (or crashes). I seem to see it mostly when I am in "Settings" and I can always get Titanium to crash while selecting apps for restore. I may move up the Hyperdrive RSL8 (4.4) and see how it does.

Upvote 0
There is always the dreaded factory reset. I know we do that before flashing, but I've heard of people doing that to fix various issues before. I just cringe at that because if it doesn't fix my issue then I wiped everything for nothing......haha.

Yep, I agree. That is a last ditch effort for me :D I can put up with an app crash here and there.

I also get the same Titanium crash on JellyBean 4.3, but do not get the display brightness crash.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones