• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] Hyperdrive storage problem?

N3oNsmok3

Nov 2, 2011
I have the latest Hyperdrive ROM flashed on my ME7 device, when I boot up I get a notification saying that my storage is full (I do not get this notification on the stock ROM). I have 4.44GB free on my Device and 8.17GB free on my SD Card. Why is it doing this? How can i resolve this? I can't download any apps or anything due to this error.

Ok, i am by no means an expert and personally haven't rom'd my phone. My brother has tho.
Im assuming you're using safestrap? What seems to be an issue is some sort of partitioning. From what I've seen in my brother's s4, safestrap allows you X amount of slots. The first slot is always taken up with your original rom. So it SEEMS in essence that it's basically adding a rom(hyperdrive in this instance) to everything else that is still currently on the phone. That's why you're running out of room. My brother has the same problem and this is the main reason i haven't even bothered with it.
As i said, im not as savy as some of these guys here, but i believe that's the long and short of it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones