1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] I think I bricked my phone help!!!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tonytownsend, Aug 15, 2012.

1. tonytownsend

tonytownsend Member

I wanted to het back to a stock kernel so I flashed stock recovery and kernel back to the phone. Then i tryed to push cwm revovery back to it with the one touch root tool for mac. It reboots but no after i push CWM to it but no clockwork mod. I Tryed to intall my synergy.zip from factory recovery doesnt work. I dont know what to do im really scared.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Metfanant

Metfanant Android Expert

wow...

ok...can you get into download mode? (Phone off..Hold: Vol Down+Home..Press power)

Edit:

1. What were you doing trying to get back to a stock kernel?
    2. Who instructed you to flash stock recovery?
    3. Why were you trying to push CWM...you should flash that through EZ Recovery
    4. in the future...NEVER install something through stock recovery unless expressly instructed to

3. tonytownsend

tonytownsend Member

4. UNDERT0W

UNDERT0W Member

try to type whats wrong so that its clear and in proper sentence structure. It sounds like all you should do is go back to stock with odin and start over.

How to get back to stock from any ROM:

Section 1: Download and install these files to your PC:
    Samsung Driver- http://tinyw.in/Fdoz
    Odin- http://bit.ly/M1GU35

Step 1: Download/Install Odin and Samsung drivers from section 1:

Step 2: Download one of these Factory STOCK Bloated 4.0.4 roms to your pc:
    VRALF2- http://bit.ly/Pp1Kdb (you will need to unzip these to extract the .tar file)
    VRALG1(Latest)- http://goo.im/devs/invisiblek/i535/C...w_ship.tar.zip(Don't forget to thank Invisiblek!!)

Step 3: Power device off, then hold the volume down/home/power keys until you see a yellow triangle, then press the volume up key to access "download mode"

Step 4: Open Odin and connect the oem usb cable to pc & device, you should see a "comport #" in upper left hand corner of odin

Step 5: Uncheck auto reboot

Step 6: Click on the PDA function of odin and select the file you downloaded in step 2. Should take roughly 8min, then odin will say pass/reset (never unplug device when connected to odin)

Step 7: Pull and reinsert the battery

Step 8: Press and hold the volume up/home/power keys until you see a green android, you should boot into stock recovery

Step 9: Wipe data/factory reset

Step 10: Reboot! (You should now be booted into factory stock bloated ICS 4.0.4)

Try explaining out every step of what you did. Can you power your phone on or not? If you can then it isn't bricked...if you want help you need to give all the info you can. But I would just trying getting everything back to stock with odin and then start over. Also just so you know to install a stock kernel I believe you need to use odin. I haven't tried install a stock kernel so I would have to check it out more.

5. tonytownsend

tonytownsend Member

I had already unlocked the boot loader is it gonna be a problem flashing factory image?

6. tonytownsend

tonytownsend Member

Do I need SDK installed? To do what u listed above?

7. Metfanant

Metfanant Android Expert

i dont THINK so...but this is why we don't crack flash...

ODIN to stock should work fine...

what exactly were you trying to do though?...im at a loss as to how you got where you are, and what instructions you were following...

8. tonytownsend

tonytownsend Member

I read somewhere to get back to stock kernel that you re flash the stock kernel/recovery. Am I able to do the od method on my Mac?

9. UNDERT0W

UNDERT0W Member

yes, to use odin properly you will need SDK and ADB installed
    I'm not sure about macs but if you know how to use a mac you should be able to get it all to work. And to get back to stock is a little harder then just flashing it back to your phone as you can see by the steps i posted above.

10. Metfanant

Metfanant Android Expert

but ODIN is only going to work in Windows....

11. tonytownsend

tonytownsend Member

OK I installed xp in boot camp last night in case of emergencies.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews