• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] I535 to Galaxy s4 compatibility

TALONTRAX

Android Enthusiast
Dec 2, 2012
Southampton, PA.
:rolleyes:Interesting thought . . .
My gs3 (I535) Is rooted running CleanRom 6R2,TWRP 2.5.0.0, & LeanKernel 3.0, & after several roms/upgrades, I finally have it the way I like it. Love it, in fact. Just for giggles, If I were interested in upgrading to the Gs4, & rooted /unlocked the bootloader, etc, Would it be possible to copy a recent recovery of my current Gs3 system & restore that backup to a rooted bootloader unlocked Gs4 & have it actually work - ?
Now, I realize that I would have to use the Gs4 radio & device specific software for the camera, etc . . . Just curious if such a transfer of a custom rom & system was possible . . .

Wow . . . He said wonkyness . . . ! It Must have been fun being a kid growing up in your house Mike !

Anyhoo . . .
If Verizon releases their version of the I545 GS4 active like AT&T,I'll probably be all over it. Or not . . . Not sure. Just thinking out loud again.

I just know one day I'm gonna jump in the pool with this puppy in my pocket . . .

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones