1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] i'm having a problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by krisdezzy, Jul 1, 2013.

1. krisdezzy

krisdezzy Well-Known Member

you know the lock button on the right side of the phone? It's like touch sensitive now. has anyone had this problem? like when you lock the phone you would feel like you pressed a button? i just have to tap it lightly.. and it's annoying cause it's very sensitive..please help :/

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

The power button? Also used like you said for locking, or shutting off the screen yes?

If it's really sensitive now, it could be hardware related....is it stuck down somewhat?
    Like perhaps dirty or something?

3. krisdezzy

nope its not stuck i still can press it but its just very sensitive instead of actaully pressing i can only like touch it like a touch screen thats how sensitive it is. i tried blowing but nothing. even with the UAG case it requires a little more pressing but not to the point where i feel the button is being clicked.

4. Mikestony

VIP Member

hmmm...can't say I've had that issue yet...did it happen recently or after a rom flash?
    Perhaps we can narrow it down to when something happened, then the button issue arose?

5. krisdezzy

Just recently, I did go to the beach but before i drove there it somewhat was acting like that but it finally hit the spot after the beach. today is july 1st went to the beach on the 29th of june but it wasnt acting up yesterday june 30th

6. bbolton_98

bbolton_98 Newbie

could be a speck of sand.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

7. krisdezzy

I have tried blowing in it and nothing. But you know how metal and metal have to touch just so it can activate? I feel like the metal is so close to the other metal thats why its touch sensitive now. Would my phone insurance cover this even though this is rooted? Asurion covers me $100 decutable. when i cracked my screen but this is a defect so its free within a year but would they take it if its rooted?

8. Mikestony

VIP Member

Not sure, but just to be safe, unroot it, and send it in :)

9. krisdezzy

some magical thing happened and now its not touch sensitive lmao thanks guys but it was weird

10. PiitaaDerbez

PiitaaDerbez Member

My phone has the same problem. I think it's a software issue because it can be really sensitive for a few hours then goes back to normal. It was good for the past day or so, and now the problem has returned.

Ahh weellll...
    by the way I have the Virgin Mobile Galaxy S2 aka Samsung Epic Touch 4G (I think that's what it was called on Sprint)

11. HallM

HallM Lurker

If I touch the power button at all these days, my phone goes into a boot loop that requires a battery pull (sometimes two or three) to break.

Anyone else had this problem?

12. mudnmyveins

mudnmyveins Lurker

i am having the same problem with my s3. it has to be software related but i havent dropped mine or anything like that and the button isnt stuck down. if you actually press the button in like you are suppose to it sends it into a boot loop. cant even put it in my pocket bc of it. i did try to root it with framaroot like a week ago (and it said it failed btw) and just now having this problem. could it be that the framaroot "partially" rooted it and thats whats causing it? and if so how would i go about fixing that issue? i mean i know a factory reset would probably work but would like to avoid that if i can.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews