• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] IMM76K Radios/Bootloader at XDA

To throw in my $0.02, I tested the signal with the .02 radio and the new .04 radio. my signal at home has always been -93 dbm downstairs, with a rare exception of a -100 dbm bounce, then immediately returning to -93 dbm. The new .04 radio also shows -93 dbm, and while staring at it, I saw a -83 dbm bounce, then it immediately returned to -93 dbm.

At work, I've always had -120 dbm on 3G and it routinely bounces to 1x on the .02 radio. With the new .04 radio, I still have -120 dbm on 3G, but so far, no bounce to 1x. I will continue to monitor and will edit this post if something changes.

I tried the 4G radio at my house (I get 4G outside, but not inside), and I saw no connection, which is typical.

Also, as someone else mentioned, the 3G to 4G transition (assuming you are in a 4G area) is instantaneous - the 4G to 3G transition is still a good 5-10 second delay. Ridiculous.

*edit* checked an additional location at work where I have consistently lost connection entirely; it would usually drop to 1x or no signal, and texts were usually not sent. I had -120 dbm the entire time, sent a text, and even logged onto this site to post up.

Upvote 0
Yeah, ya can't use the bars as an accurate measurement. At least I don't believe you can.

So you've never been able to send mms? Ever?

mms is not sent over wifi. It's sent over your mobile data connection. Are you saying that when your connected to wifi you can't send mms, but if you turn wifi off so you have the 3G or 4G or even 1X icon in your status bar then you CAN send mms?

Yup that's exactly what im saying

Upvote 0
Yup that's exactly what im saying

It sounds like trophy is experiencing something similar, although I'm not clear on his issue. Something is wrong. Have you talked to VZW tech support and have them troubleshoot this issue with you?

Are you by any chance running a "tasker" app/profile app or similar that turns your mobile data OFF when connected to wifi?

Upvote 0
Just curious...what Build number are you all (or whomever chooses to respond to this) running after flashing the latest update? I am showing an updated baseband (I515.09V.FC04/I515.FC05) but I am showing Build number IMM30B which I believe is the old 4.04 update.
Note: I flashed this latest update while still running custom 4.04.

Upvote 0
Just curious...what Build number are you all (or whomever chooses to respond to this) running after flashing the latest update? I am showing an updated baseband (I515.09V.FC04/I515.FC05) but I am showing Build number IMM30B which I believe is the old 4.04 update.

Mine is 1515.10V.FC04/1515.FC05 and build number IMM761 using AOKP M5 if that matters.

Reactions: finn5975
Upvote 0
Thanks! Any Speedtest results on yours? What are your D/L speeds?

Personally I put zero value on speedtests with the phone. They are a novelty and fun to run sometimes though! At home when I'm hovering around -92 to -110dbm I'll get 7k down 5k up. When I'm in the -75dbm or 4 full bars range in and around Atlanta it's around 24k down 15 k up. It fluctuates greatly. I'm a happy camper with 1k down 1k up so it takes little to amuse me. :cool:

Reactions: ckelly33
Upvote 0

this update in this thread is radio/bootloader, the build number won't change. you need to flash full patch for that.

Reactions: trophynuts
Upvote 0
It sounds like trophy is experiencing something similar, although I'm not clear on his issue. Something is wrong. Have you talked to VZW tech support and have them troubleshoot this issue with you?

Are you by any chance running a "tasker" app/profile app or similar that turns your mobile data OFF when connected to wifi?

Nope I'm not I'm really perplexed by the situation. Even on 3g today it.took about 30 min to send a mms

Upvote 0
To add to my other post, the new radios still have the same 4G hunting issue. When turning on the LTE radio in a low or no 4G area, the 3G radio drops out and I lose signal for a good 30 seconds. Ironically, the signal shown is the 3G dbm level, but the 3G symbol isn't shown. And when I say no radio, I mean no calls, Internet, etc., until the phone gets swapped back to 3G.

Weird, because my understanding is that the 3G radio isn't off when the LTE radio is on, but looks like I might be wrong.

Upvote 0
I would think if you have 7zip just yank the bootloaders out or get 'em from here

Hey there j...

Using Root Explorer I extracted the files of the radio/bootloader zip, deleted the bootloader img and rezipped the remains. Will this zip still properly flash just radios and no bootloader? Or should I download the radio only zip from the link you posted?

Thanks brother.

Upvote 0
Hey there j...

Using Root Explorer I extracted the files of the radio/bootloader zip, deleted the bootloader img and rezipped the remains. Will this zip still properly flash just radios and no bootloader? Or should I download the radio only zip from the link you posted?

Thanks brother.

Howdy Sir jmar how ya been :D

If you yanked the bootloader out it'll just flash the cdma/lte combo. But you could also dnld the solo radios and have on your /sdcard just in case. I keep them all in a folder named "radios" and renamed them accordingly. Ya know, in case I'm out in the field and want to do some testing :laugh:

my signal strength varies, but my mic bug still happens :(

so im getting the maxx on tuesday, o well i'd rather have a phone that works when i need it than a toy to play with

Good luck with that! Please come visit here when you can we'll miss ya ;)

Reactions: jmar
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones