1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [Verizon] In Call Volume issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dkl1, Jan 7, 2014.

1. dkl1

dkl1 Android Expert
    None

Jan 2, 2012
    Male
    General contractor
    Centerville, OH
    When talking on my phone, the person I'm talking with has great difficulty hearing me! When I put the call on speaker and talk more directly into the microphone, I'm told that it's much better. Don't know what's changed, although it has only happened since I flashed the 4.3 nightly a month or so ago. Is there anything I can do short of wiping and reflash another more recent nightly? Thanks...;)

Advertisement

2. tensazan

tensazan Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 21, 2011
    Indiana
    Just to check, did it start the same day you flashed the rom? Have you checked the microphones to make sure that there's just not some lint in them? I've heard of dust or lint getting into microphones before, causing some issues with call quality.

Mikestony likes this.
  3. dkl1

dkl1 Android Expert
    None

Jan 2, 2012
    Male
    General contractor
    Centerville, OH
    Not sure exactly when it started... I'm just fairly confident it has been since the flash. I know that in the past there have been call volume issues with another ROM I was on and it was a specific problem with that particular ROM. This may be as well. There doesn't appear to be any obstructions in the microphone hole, so I press on! Thanks!

Mikestony likes this.
  4. tensazan

tensazan Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 21, 2011
    Indiana
    Ah, yeah, if you had issues with the microphone volume on a previous rom then it probably wouldn't be lint. The only things I could recommend are flashing a new rom, or wait for an update for your rom. Sorry I couldn't be of any help.

5. TALONTRAX

TALONTRAX Android Enthusiast

Dec 2, 2012
    Male
    Automotive technician
    Southampton, PA.
    Wow . . . ↑↑↑ that dk guy changes roms like the wife changes her mind . . . ! Lol. Sorry guys - couldn't resist. Anyway . . . Y not try a dalvik + cache wipe & possibly a full reset & reflash the rom . . . Nothing to lose

6. dkl1

dkl1 Android Expert
    None

Jan 2, 2012
    Male
    General contractor
    Centerville, OH
    Haha LOL Talontrax! Now wait a minute here, I don't think I change ROMs THAT often, I've been running CarbonROM 'forever' it seems! Only reason I did this recent update was because I needed a 4.3 flavor for an app that tracks an activity tracker I've got! Hey thanks I'll try the wipe first then likely a full flash of a later nightly... I just don't like the idea of having to setup everything again :-(

Happy New Year!

7. jai69

jai69 Lurker
    None

Feb 3, 2014
    Hi can anyone help me with mu galaxy s3. I can hear people when they ring me . But they can't hear me .. whats going ??

8. dkl1

dkl1 Android Expert
    None

Jan 2, 2012
    Male
    General contractor
    Centerville, OH
    Well, I wish I could confidently point you to a fix but unfortunately I can't since mine fixed itself! Don't ask me how but all of a sudden peeps were not asking me to speak up... so hopefully yours will do the same :)