1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] Installing clockworkmod touch .img file

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by egernant, Apr 18, 2012.

1. egernant

egernant Well-Known Member

I downloaded the official .img file from clockworkmods website but cannot figure out how to install it. Instructions say to boot to fastboot, but when I do that, the only options I have are to restart boot loader, boot to recovery, start, or power off. The next step says to fast boot flash the .img file. Am I missing something?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Turdbogls

Turdbogls Android Expert

if you can't figure it out (i am sure someone will help you out) you can auto-flash it through ROM manager with an in app purchase. i am technically dumb when it comes to fasboot and ADB stuff so i just ponied up the $3 or whatever it was and did it though ROM manager...took like 10 seconds, and it was totally worth it...plus i like supporting the developers that make this phone so great.

p.s. CWM touch is AMAZING!!!!

3. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

4. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

When you're in the bootloader it defaults to fastboot mode. So if you don't change anything, you're all set. So assuming you already used fast boot to unlock your bootloader, drop the img file into the platform-tools folder of the sdk, open a command prompt and change directory to the platform-tools folder. Then run these commands:

fastboot devices (to verify connectivity)

Then...

fastboot flash recovery (exact filename of recovery here).img

Minus the ( ) symbols of course.

danleyb2 and trophynuts like this.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews