• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon iPhone? Would you switch?

The iPhone OS is very simple, that's one of the things its many users love about it, it isn't difficult to use in the least.

The best feature of the iPhone in my eyes is the fact that it can do simultaneous websurfing and phone calls, however that is a network thing not an iPhone thing, so that feature will not be available when it comes to Verizon.
Then there is the front facing camera for video calls, I'm not certain Verizon's network can do that either.
Therefore the iPhone coming to Verizon will not be the same iPhone that is on AT&T.

Upvote 0
The iPhone OS is very simple, that's one of the things its many users love about it, it isn't difficult to use in the least.

The best feature of the iPhone in my eyes is the fact that it can do simultaneous websurfing and phone calls, however that is a network thing not an iPhone thing, so that feature will not be available when it comes to Verizon.
Then there is the front facing camera for video calls, I'm not certain Verizon's network can do that either.
Therefore the iPhone coming to Verizon will not be the same iPhone that is on AT&T.

How do you find that to be the "best thing" about the iPhone? I can think of maybe 3 times in the 5.5 months I've had my Incredible that I would've needed to use the internet while on a phone call. When on a phone call, shouldn't you be paying attention to the person on the phone?

Upvote 0
How do you find that to be the "best thing" about the iPhone? I can think of maybe 3 times in the 5.5 months I've had my Incredible that I would've needed to use the internet while on a phone call. When on a phone call, shouldn't you be paying attention to the person on the phone?

There have been plenty of times I needed the net while on a call. It's fine when I'm at home and can use wifi.
I have a friend with an iPhone and he said there is no way he could leave AT&T because he uses the net while on the phone a lot.

I can multi-task, I can listen to a conversation and do other things as well, just like I can do multiple things while working. I can talk to one customer about their problem while working on another problem not involving them.

So, just because you may not be able to multitask or want to use those two feature simultaneously doesn't mean everyone else feels as you do.

Upvote 0
There have been plenty of times I needed the net while on a call. It's fine when I'm at home and can use wifi.
I have a friend with an iPhone and he said there is no way he could leave AT&T because he uses the net while on the phone a lot.

I can multi-task, I can listen to a conversation and do other things as well, just like I can do multiple things while working. I can talk to one customer about their problem while working on another problem not involving them.

So, just because you may not be able to multitask or want to use those two feature simultaneously doesn't mean everyone else feels as you do.

Our world has become so depersonalized to the point where people can't even have a conversation without needing to use the Internet at the same time. Sad.

Upvote 0
Our world has become so depersonalized to the point where people can't even have a conversation without needing to use the Internet at the same time. Sad.

What's sad is people who have tunnel vision and can't see beyond their own needs.

Did it ever occur to you that some of those people on the other end of the conversation are asking for information that you don't have in your thoughts or on paper but can easily find it on the web by perhaps logging into work?

How about talking to someone from the bank while simultaneously looking at your online statement?

Upvote 0
The iPhone OS is very simple, that's one of the things its many users love about it, it isn't difficult to use in the least...

I think you're right. I bought a Garmin GPS several years ago for the same reason - a simple UI and no complicated features. I didn't want to LEARN how to use it, I just wanted to USE IT. I quickly realized that these features came at a price - it did what it did, and that was it. If I wanted more, I was SOL. iPhone users don't seem to come to that realization - at least not in any great numbers.

So no; I will not be getting a iPhone. I've been down that road (or one silimar to it) before, and I won't be going there again.

Upvote 0
iOS is pretty neat, but after using an Android phone, it seems pretty bland on my iPod Touch that is jailbroken. I'm so used to Android now, that I keep trying to look for my softkey buttons! iOS is a little better on the multimedia side, but Android can do the same job, just not always as gracefully. And it could be that I have an older Android as well, and not necessarily an Android problem.

Reactions: Theodosius
Upvote 0
iOS is pretty neat, but after using an Android phone, it seems pretty bland on my iPod Touch that is jailbroken. I'm so used to Android now, that I keep trying to look for my softkey buttons! iOS is a little better on the multimedia side, but Android can do the same job, just not always as gracefully. And it could be that I have an older Android as well, and not necessarily an Android problem.

Exactly right. I try to use my iPod now, but just can't, I am so used to my android phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones