• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] Is my phone officially BRICKED?

mrc0de

Lurker
Feb 16, 2014
So, I was trying to put 4.4 kitkat onto my galaxy nexus verizon phone and I had CM10.3 working on it (which was roughly 4.3.x) and clockword recov mod. and then I got a new clockwork rom (as attached) and I ran: fastboot flash recovery newrecovery.img

Then it successfully ran via adb, but then when I rebooted it, i told it to go to recovery mode, but it brings up a default "Google" page with a unlocked symbol on the bottom. Its been running for about 10 minutes now and it will not get off this page.

What can I do? Is this thing done for? I cannot seem to get it to work.

Thank you.:thinking:

I can get to the bootloader, but if i choose "recovery mode" and press power button to choose it, it just goes to the black/white screen with the google logo and an unlock symbol.

I tried just powering it on, but that didnt work - just goes to the google logo/unlock symbol screen.

Any thoughts?

Upvote 0
If you can get to the bootloader, try downloading, then flashing a recovery image again.

Alternatively, use Wugs toolkit to flash a factory image to take you back to stock, then try again?

I tried the Wugs toolkit in windows, it couldnt find my phone at all.

I tried in ODIN mode too on the "downloading..." screen - again phone cant be detected via usb.

Any other thoughts?

Upvote 0
I've done a little bit of digging and it does look as though Odin works with the Gnex, sorry.

If the PC is picking it up, then you could try the driver install in Wugs toolkit? There's a soft bricked/bootloop option, check that before you start anything, head to the bootloader and run through the driver install, see if wugs picks up your handset then.

Upvote 0
I've done a little bit of digging and it does look as though Odin works with the Gnex, sorry.

If the PC is picking it up, then you could try the driver install in Wugs toolkit? There's a soft bricked/bootloop option, check that before you start anything, head to the bootloader and run through the driver install, see if wugs picks up your handset then.

The Wugs toolkit cant locate the phone even though windows detects it

Upvote 0
Fixed it!!!! OFFICIALLY UNBRICKED!

I followed, this step:-Unbrick, Unroot, Relock, Restore your Galaxy Nexus to Factory

and executed these commands to fix my verizon galaxy nexus:
adb reboot bootloader

fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-toro-primelc03.img

fastboot reboot-bootloader

fastboot flash radio radio-toro-i515.fk02.img

fastboot flash radio-cdma radio-cdma-toro-i515.fk01.img

fastboot -w update image-mysid-jdq39.zip

fastboot oem lock

hopefully that will help someone down the road like it did for me :)

Reactions: teddyearp
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones