• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] Jelly Bean vs ICS

infg37

Jun 24, 2012
Virginia
In my opinion, jelly bean is a downgrade from ICS besides the Google Now (which i hear you can download on ics). Here is what I don't like about Jelly Bean.

No Facebook sync with contacts
Only 5 screens and only has left to right and than back to left

I do like the text messaging app and of course google now, i think i am going to go back to ICS and upload google now...so wasn't worth the time i spent.

In my opinion, jelly bean is a downgrade from ICS besides the Google Now (which i hear you can download on ics). Here is what I don't like about Jelly Bean.

I do like the text messaging app and of course google now, i think i am going to go back to ICS and upload google now...so wasn't worth the time i spent.

I don't care for the Facebook contact sync personally, I don't need/want most of my Facebook friends in my phone contacts, but that's just me.

You can fix the screen number and scrolling behavior by using a different launcher, easy peasy.

Idk how the leaks for jb look, but it's tough to tell how a heavily skinned version will look and behave because only nexus devices that run stock android and 1 very lightly skinned that's basically stock tablet have jelly bean at this point. My guess is that most of your touch wiz features will be retained, for better or worse.

There are a couple ROMs out there based off the T-Mobile GS3 JB leak that have the full TouchWiz treatment, those should give a pretty good indication of what the Verizon version will be like.

Upvote 0
Facebook sync is working on JB for me. It runs really smooth and seems a little faster, only issue I am having is the phone will randomly reboot 2-3 times a day in which it did not do that on ICS. I know its probably just the ROM I have but other than that everything else works. I am running the ROM Tasteofbeans which I believe is the T mobile version that someone ported over to Verizon.

Edit:
I almost forgot my 4g does not work when I am on the phone also...which is very annoying. I really like the JB ROM but this along with the random reboots are very annoying.

Upvote 0
Facebook sync is working on JB for me. It runs really smooth and seems a little faster, only issue I am having is the phone will randomly reboot 2-3 times a day in which it did not do that on ICS. I know its probably just the ROM I have but other than that everything else works. I am running the ROM Tasteofbeans which I believe is the T mobile version that someone ported over to Verizon.

Edit:
I almost forgot my 4g does not work when I am on the phone also...which is very annoying. I really like the JB ROM but this along with the random reboots are very annoying.

I'm actually running beantown's rom its ICS but with jellybean features..runs smooth no issues what so ever...it's better than the stock ICS

Upvote 0

Where are you getting the five home screens and no infinite scrolling of desktop? I've never heard of this being the case on JB, so please inform me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones