1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] JellyBean OTA Received

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by htgmc, Dec 14, 2012.

1. htgmc

htgmc Lurker

JELLYBEAN OTA received and update completed ..(400.7MB)

So far no problems.

Attached Files:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. babygoat666

babygoat666 Newbie

Was your phone rooted before the update?

3. Andrew8404

Andrew8404 Lurker

It's about damn time! Updating now!

4. Metfanant

Metfanant Android Expert

rooted users have had it for over a week :p

5. Andrew8404

Andrew8404 Lurker

Rooters have had it a lot longer then a week my friend!

6. Metfanant

Metfanant Android Expert

K3 (the OTA) has a build date of 11/30...it leaked on like 12/7...so i implore you to explain how someone has had the OTA for "a lot longer then a week"

7. Andrew8404

Andrew8404 Lurker

People had had jelly bean for weeks on the S3. It's not the official Verizon build but who cares?

8. Metfanant

Metfanant Android Expert

Because the thread is about the OTA...which was leaked around December 6/7...which was about a week ago like I said...

I've been running builds of JB since before there was even a VZW leak and we had ports of sprint/tmo/att stuff...but that wasn't the topic of this thread

9. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy Android Enthusiast

This...

10. Ginge

Ginge Member

So how can I install the official update if I'm rooted? Should I un-root then root again?

11. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy Android Enthusiast

Just got notification. But not taking until i know about root..

12. al23

al23 Well-Known Member

I lost root after updating, so you might want to hold off on the update. I think you can flash the update without risking losing root.

13. Metfanant

Metfanant Android Expert

If you're rooted...flash one of the already rooted stock builds from over at xda and be done with it

14. Ginge

Ginge Member

That's just the regular update instructions... I'm asking if there is a version of Verizon's latest update that I can install without losing root.

Or, can I just install the OTA and easily re-root after? I'm just confused as to what to do.

15. Metfanant

Metfanant Android Expert

Read one post up...flash one of the pre-rooted builds that's been out for over a week now...the official build leaked back on 12/6

16. Ginge

Ginge Member

Yeah, I just didn't know exactly where to look. What I ended up doing was installing an app called Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper. All you have to do is temporarily unroot, install the OTA and then reroot. I just did it and it works flawlessly.

I'm now on Jellybean with full root and I didn't have to do much of anything... perfect!

17. Alt230

Alt230 Lurker

Major frustration trying to download from Hotspot. Two different computers getting the same failures. After waiting 10-20 minutes it says try again and then sends me to,"you've exceeded the hourly limit for free users." Is there another file location for the update? It seems to hang up in the direct update from verizon too. It automatically opens clockworkmod. Is this an issue?

18. Alt230

Alt230 Lurker

what is "over at xda?" for those of us that aren't veteran experts yet. Thanks.

19. cp1

cp1 Android Enthusiast

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews