1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

[Verizon] Juice Defender's effectiveness on custom ROMs

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by egernant, Apr 28, 2012.

1. egernant

egernant Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 30, 2010
    My battery life continues to be below average despite being on popular, stable ROMs (going mainly between Liquid and AOKP) and using Franco or LeanKernals most recent iteration (while flasing Faux reset kernal in between). I am getting more into setting the governor and CPU settings (still a bit unfamiliar with the terminology) to optimize battery life. I notice that a lot of the functions built into these ROMs duplicate functions in Juice Defender, which I used a lot during my HTC Incredible days. Could it be a combination of things that is making my battery suffer? I still figure that having connectivity turn off completely when the phone is off and then reconnect every 15 minutes is ideal and logically saves battery. Please let me know if you have any experience using this battery saving app on a custom setup like this. Also, does using LightFlow compromise battery life significantly? I love having the notification LED customized and I'd hate to lose this functionality due to battery drain. Thanks for helping out a noob.

Advertisement

2. viper689

viper689 Android Expert
    None

Jan 25, 2012
    Male
    Student
    Irvine, CA
    In my experience Lightflow doesn't hurt battery life. And when I first got my GNex, I used JD and wasn't rooted or unlocked and it worked well enough, maybe an extra hour or two, but when I rooted and unlocked, I stopped using JD mainly because I just didn't need it. When you go into your battery life screen, what does it look like? What's your screen on time, display brightness, wifi/3g/4g times, etc..?

3. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Android Expert
    None

Apr 7, 2010
    IT god
    B'more
    Some people swear by JD.

Myself pretty much EVERY TIME someone has come on the forums, needing help for some strange problem. They've had JD on theirs phones...

I've seen that single app destroy more phones then any other app in android history including the malware apps...

4. colchiro

colchiro Android Expert
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    Male
    Web developer/IT
    JD states it works best for devices that are idle a lot. If you use your Nexus a lot, it won't help much. In those case you need to use wifi more (when available), 4g less and reduce your screen brightness.

Tags: