• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] Just rooted my s4. Now what???

coulterjosh

Jan 13, 2014
Good Morning everyone, yesterday i rooted my s4 and now i am looking for some information on what can/should i do to my phone now. I am running nova launcher with the one plus one icon pack. Mostly i am looking for ways to greatly extend battery and get the full potential from my phone with this root status. On a side not i am also using juice defender if that matters or not. Please let me know guys. Thanks

Good Morning everyone, yesterday i rooted my s4 and now i am looking for some information on what can/should i do to my phone now. I am running nova launcher with the one plus one icon pack. Mostly i am looking for ways to greatly extend battery and get the full potential from my phone with this root status. On a side not i am also using juice defender if that matters or not. Please let me know guys. Thanks

Go on coulterjosh... give us a head start and tell us which of the 28 models of Samsung Galaxy S4 you own? ;)

28 Galaxy S4 models - know yours?

Upvote 0
I can't help thinking that this is a bit arse about face. Why did you root it if you didn't have a reason?

That said, one of the most useful apps I use that requires root is Titanium Backup Pro, which can back up pretty much anything and is very useful when setting up new ROMs. If you are a gamer, I strongly recommend SixAxis, which will let you use a PS3 controller with your S4.

If you're the paranoid sort and don't trust the way Google allocates privileges (which you shouldn't) try an app like Permissions Denied. If you want proper time synchronisation with internet ntp servers, try ClockSync.

I could go on (at some length) but there is a lot you can do now you have full control over your phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones