• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [KERNEL][4.0.4] LeanKernel 3.10.0 (7/2)

So is the general consensus that 1.5 or lower are IMOs beat for AOKP??

1.6's have had some battery drain issues. 1.6.4 was better. I'm testing Faux's kernel now it is solid. 1.6.6 came out last night late and I've seen reports that battery drain issues have been nipped in the bud. I'd say flash 1.6.6 if you are seeing any kind of battery drain issues in the first 24hrs. Will finish testing Faux's tomorrow and back to Imo!

Battery has been bad for me today. But just flashed the aokp rom and 1.6.4 today. Should I give it a few days or flash a different rom and kernel?

I'd give it 2 full days yeah

I'm using this and it seems great, but I don't really have anything to compare it against. I've heard good things about franco's. Anybody have a good comparison between the two?

I haven't tried #12 franco yet, but earlier iterations have been great in battery life and especially performance....top notch. But I've had one nagging issue with franco #10 and below: slight lag upon initial wake aka when waking up screen and unlocking. Might have been fixed by now try it :)

Reactions: Trooper
Upvote 0
Tried the update today and ended up loading my backup. Had problems with it not drawing my home screens and seemed to have lag issues. I made zero changes to the kernal other than loading it.

When you first try a kernel you need to give it time and a extra reboot for things to settle. Did you try this or just immediately didn't like it so swapped?

Upvote 0
I'd give it 2 full days yeahI

Will do. I think I will flash 1.6.6 tonight when I get home and see how I roll. Just have to remember to wipe dalvik cache lol.

I will run this ROM for a few days, but I really want to try P3Droid's ROM. It looks sick especially with his pull down toggles and bigndad's themes!

Thanks again for your help bro.

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0
Will do. I think I will flash 1.6.6 tonight when I get home and see how I roll. Just have to remember to wipe dalvik cache lol.

I will run this ROM for a few days, but I really want to try P3Droid's ROM. It looks sick especially with his pull down toggles and bigndad's themes!

Thanks again for your help bro.

There is a lot of good stuff coming out for sure! Anytime ;)

Upvote 0
Sweet same here. Now if I can just get the kernel loaded tonight. Hope battery life is better. Twas bad yesterday. 7 hours or so moderate use and twas dead. Standard battery. I have an extended on order from VZW coming this week. :)

Yeah 7 hours moderate is kind of rough. I have the extended battery still in the box :D haven't needed to try it yet as battery life has never been an issue for me. Nice to have it though for those days I know I might need it!

1.6.6 from everything I'm reading looks to be back on track, comparable to earlier builds (battery life wise) like 1.4 and 1.5 minus the kernel/Linux updates.

1.2 was insanely good for me, it feels odd going back to an earlier kernel as I like to get the latest greatest like most of us do, but I'd like to try 1.2 again just to see!

Upvote 0
Thanks for your feedback man. Well I flashed 1.6.6 here at work a lil while ago. Dunno if its a coincidence or not, but my phone seems to be getting warm/hot since I flashed it. Will keep an eye on it the rest of the day to see how it goes.

If it continues, will flash an older kernel or maybe just try out P3's rom. I hear its pretty darn good.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Thanks for your feedback man. Well I flashed 1.6.6 here at work a lil while ago. Dunno if its a coincidence or not, but my phone seems to be getting warm/hot since I flashed it. Will keep an eye on it the rest of the day to see how it goes.

If it continues, will flash an older kernel or maybe just try out P3's rom. I hear its pretty darn good.

Thanks!

I've had my phone get warm many times before on a fresh kernel flash. Give it a little time and see what happens.

Also, be sure you go into settings> apps> all and scroll to setCPU (if your using it or any cpu controlling app) and click on it and clear data before flashing a new kernel. You want to clear out any overclocks or undervolting you did on your present kernel. Also go into setCPU and uncheck "set on boot" if you have it checked.

Let us know how you like 1.6.6 I'll be flashing a new kernel tomorrow so I need some direction :)

Reactions: jackburnt
Upvote 0
I have lean kernel 1.6.6 exp4 230 but what do you guys mean when you say 230 slot? Is that in the undervolting page in setcpu? and you just click it ? or do you mean set the low cpu to 230 and reboot?

Set the speed to 230MHz (underclock the cpu). You'll notice if you open up setCPU you have the option to lower the cpu frequency to 230MHz with the 230 exp4 1.6.6 version. I'm trying it now and also using the hotplug gov. I'm keeping the max at 1200MHz

Upvote 0
Set the speed to 230MHz (underclock the cpu). You'll notice if you open up setCPU you have the option to lower the cpu frequency to 230MHz with the 230 exp4 1.6.6 version. I'm trying it now and also using the hotplug gov. I'm keeping the max at 1200MHz

ok,
but I thought InteractiveX already enables the hotplug needed for screen off cpu off

Upvote 0
ok,
but I thought InteractiveX already enables the hotplug needed for screen off cpu off

I thought that too. They're learning me over @ the rootz :p

Hotplug governor can and will disable a cpu core when the the screen is ON or OFF depending on the load. InteractiveX is a hybrid of sorts and has a screen-OFF hotplug feature that disables a cpu core ONLY when the screen is off. From what I understand they also scale differently when the OS is calling for more power to run a certain task/tasks. It's all very fascinating to me

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones