• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [KERNEL][4.0.4] LeanKernel 3.10.0 (7/2)

Try something for giggles. Turn auto-brightness off (set it to a static level to your liking) and see if you can reproduce that same lockscreen lag you speak of.

Yeah, that seemed to have fixed it. I like keeping auto-brightness enabled though. That wasn't an issue stock, so I wonder why it is on a custom ROM/kernel?

Just flashed 1.7.3 though which supposed fixed it. Seems good so far too, but it's only been 30 mins.

Upvote 0
Yeah, that seemed to have fixed it. I like keeping auto-brightness enabled though. That wasn't an issue stock, so I wonder why it is on a custom ROM/kernel?

Just flashed 1.7.3 though which supposed fixed it. Seems good so far too, but it's only been 30 mins.

I agree I love the auto-brightness and use it 24/7.

I saw that 1.7.3 addressed some lockscreen lag let us know after you've been with it for a full day how its doing.

Upvote 0
I agree I love the auto-brightness and use it 24/7.

I saw that 1.7.3 addressed some lockscreen lag let us know after you've been with it for a full day how its doing.

It seems there's still lag upon unlocking with auto-brightness enabled on 1.7.3 (InteractiveX governor) :(. Disabled auto-brightness again and it unlocks silky smooth again. It may be a tad better now, but it's still definitely noticeable.

Also, I haven't really noticed much difference at all in these kernel revisions from 1.6+ (when I started using LeanKernel) in terms of battery life or performance, lol. I'm not sure why I keep updating it, I guess because it's too easy/fast to do, so I might as well.

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0
It seems there's still lag upon unlocking with auto-brightness enabled on 1.7.3 (InteractiveX governor) :(..

Curious and runnin AKOP20 and 1.7.3 I did the InteractiveX & auto brightness thing, let it go to sleep several times, no lag. Rebooted, made sure the auto and interactiveX was going on, no lockscreen lag.

You may need to reflash it all, I dunno and have not read all your posts.

Just Sayin.

Upvote 0
After reading and reading about what the "best" kernel is, I decided to try out lean. I hear good and bad about all the kernels, so I just picked one and jumped in. I don't remember what I was getting with stock, but the results aren't bad, at least.

My "screen on" time, was a little over 3 hours, I don't remember exactly.

screenshot2012012823502.png

screenshot2012012823500.png

If I wanted to flash the stock nexus kernel, is there somewhere I can get that? I probably should have thought about it sooner, but oh well. I wouldn't mind running lean for a couple more days, and then flash back to the stock kernel and see how it does by comparison.

Reactions: gapi
Upvote 0
After reading and reading about what the "best" kernel is, I decided to try out lean. I hear good and bad about all the kernels, so I just picked one and jumped in. I don't remember what I was getting with stock, but the results aren't bad, at least.

My "screen on" time, was a little over 3 hours, I don't remember exactly.

screenshot2012012823502.png

screenshot2012012823500.png

If I wanted to flash the stock nexus kernel, is there somewhere I can get that? I probably should have thought about it sooner, but oh well. I wouldn't mind running lean for a couple more days, and then flash back to the stock kernel and see how it does by comparison.

You can get the stock kernel back by re-flashing the ROM AOKP as that is what is included by Roman. Just wipe cache partition and dalvik cache and re-flash.

You could also get the stock kernel for 4.0.3 here or the stock for 4.0.2 here. These are both from faux at rootzwiki.

Upvote 0
Nice numbers.

C'mon fella! Go to settings and about phone and give us the kernel your using.:eek:

Heh! Just picked one at random! :eek: Thats not how we roll bro. You know we gots to know.
Funny. :)

Well, I thought I had flashed lean1.7.4, but it was actually 1.7.3... not sure how much of a difference there is.

On that battery charge, I spent about a hour in the 1.2ghz range. Would it help battery life if I went into setcpu and dropped the max speed? So that hour spent at 1.2ghz was now clocking at 1ghz or 900mhz?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones