1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root [Verizon] Lag Gone, faster than light.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SupperDroid, Jan 3, 2013.

1. SupperDroid

SupperDroid Member

Advertisement

GrandMasterB likes this.
  2. basegod

basegod Newbie

3. SupperDroid

SupperDroid Member

It is definitely faster, even waking the phone does not have the lag. Maps open faster, and lag is gone even after having a lot of apps open.

4. basegod

basegod Newbie

OK Yes. I can say its faster

5. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=

And with that, I've changed the tag on this thread to "Tips." ;)

6. Arun01

Arun01 Member

So this is for rooted phones only?

7. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=

Whoa.. if that's the case then this thread may have to be moved to the Note 2 All Things Root sub forum. ;)

8. nizmoz

nizmoz Well-Known Member

Yeah sucks I can't find a root for 4.1.2 for my damn phone! So this mod is no go for me. Yes it requires a root.4

Arun01 likes this.
  9. wyndslash

wyndslash Android Expert

Too bad I'm not rooted. But I use the s pen functions and don't want to lose those.

10. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS

K quick question? I enable the seeder but everytime I go in to the apk its off any idea's y it keeps turning off.

11. SupperDroid

SupperDroid Member

You can safely root and unroot with Exynos Abuse and not loose any functions.

12. SupperDroid

SupperDroid Member

There is some talk about that in the original thread. Seems some devices say it is off but actually not. Go to your app manager and look at running processes, you will see it there. Just make sure you check "Start Automatically At Boot" reboot and forget it.

13. PhilosoRaptor

PhilosoRaptor Android Enthusiast

I can't really tell a difference on my Note 2 running CleanROM 3.5. There's still a slight delay in waking the phone for me and everything else is about as fast as it was before (which was already pretty fast, not something I had issues with on this phone).

Rooting doesn't mean you have to change ROMs or lose any functionality. A lot of people just root the stock ROM and nothing more just to use apps that need root to work (like this one). But even still, there's other TouchWiz ROMs you can flash and still not lose any of that functionality, like I'm running CleanROM 3.5 and still have all of the S-Pen functionality of the stock ROM, plus more because it's based off of the latest international Note 2's stock ROM with the S-Planner suite and I can add any app I want to the multi-window menu and a bunch of other stuff.

14. SupperDroid

SupperDroid Member

Are you using TWRP for recovery? Do you have to unlock bootloader to use custom recovery?

15. PhilosoRaptor

PhilosoRaptor Android Enthusiast

Are you asking me? If so; yes, I'm using TWRP. Yes, you have to unlock the bootloader in order to install a custom recovery. See this thread for more info. The process has changed a tad since I did it, but that's the thread that walked me through unlocking the bootloader and flashing a custom recovery on my Verizon Note 2.

16. dave1812

dave1812 Android Enthusiast

Do you people really get bent out of shape over a 1/2 second that it takes to wake the screen?