• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] LG G2 Verizon is stuck in fastboot mode

Hi,
I goofed and used autorec app and without paying attention set the phone to enter fastboot mode. Now I cant get it out of fastboot mode. I tried the solution where you use the command line to erase recovery, and laf then flash the laf file. I did all that and it seemed to have gone through that without any problems. I typed in flashboot reboot and it rebooted into Fastboot. Then i did the next step which was holding down the power button for a long time until the phone actually shut off. But when I powered it back on and held in the up button to get into download mode... and The download mode loading icon thing showed up but then disappeared and Fastboot came back on. I am looking to install Cryogenmod once this problem is fixed.. (if it can be fixed).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Go HERE and download aboot, boot, and laf.

fastboot flash aboot aboot.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot boot laf.img

If booting laf works to get download mode, then go ahead and fastboot flash laf so you'll have download mode permanently. When booting laf, occasionally the screen will stay dark. You can verify whether you have working download mode by watching windows device manager for LGE AndroidNet for VZW USB Serial Port (COM##).

Once you get download mode, follow the tot method of returning to stock as outlined HERE. Great news, we just acquired the 26a tot last week so use that. Download and unzip to reveal the tot. The dll you'll need is also in that list of files (5th item in the list, 1.4 MB in size).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones