• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Verizon LG G3 attachment max size

Regardless of what the device limitation is; keep in mind that your network (ISP while on wifi and wireless carrier for mobile data) also has a size limit for attachments.

Further, the recipients carrier/ISP also has a limit on incoming attachments.

Traditionally, your ISP has a larger threshold for attachment sizes. However this is different from ISP to ISP. Mom & Pops ISP is probably going to be more restrictive than say Comcast or Verizon Fios.

Upvote 0
Regardless of what the device limitation is; keep in mind that your network (ISP while on wifi and wireless carrier for mobile data) also has a size limit for attachments.

Further, the recipients carrier/ISP also has a limit on incoming attachments.

Traditionally, your ISP has a larger threshold for attachment sizes. However this is different from ISP to ISP. Mom & Pops ISP is probably going to be more restrictive than say Comcast or Verizon Fios.

well unless you specifically chose a low resolution, it is probably 60mb minimum which is WAY bigger than MMS can handle.

FYI, you can find the video in the gallery and "long" press, choose "details" at the bottom and it'll tell you how big the file is...

while I agree with both of you take this into consideration:

I have an LG G3 on verizon
my sister has a Samsung SGS4 on verizon
she sends me 30second videos.
I cannot send her that many.

I know this isn't carrier related it has to be phone related since her phone can do it but mine cannot.

I also cannot even send MMS when my wifi is on(comcast) so I have to turn it off to send pictures.

Upvote 0
while I agree with both of you take this into consideration:

I have an LG G3 on verizon
my sister has a Samsung SGS4 on verizon
she sends me 30second videos.
I cannot send her that many.

I know this isn't carrier related it has to be phone related since her phone can do it but mine cannot.

I also cannot even send MMS when my wifi is on(comcast) so I have to turn it off to send pictures.

She is probably sending much lower quality, and therefore much smaller file sized, videos.

Upvote 0
She is probably sending much lower quality, and therefore much smaller file sized, videos.

exactly...

From the VZW website

"What is the message size limit for MMS?

MMS message size must be less than 1.2MB. This includes text, picture and video messages."

MMS

i guess samsung really does suck, but I have seen those 30 second videos from her, granted the quality was shoddy but I was getting them.

oh well, thanks for the info guys!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones