• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Verizon LG G3 root.

The video you watched is for a different, harder, way to flash back to stock. Flash Tool 2014 is not the tool used in the video.

Follow annoying duck's post, that I previously linked. There are only a handful of steps, and it includes links to get the right files. The very first step is to get rid of any pre-existing drivers/tools.

Reactions: iowabowtech
Upvote 0
I didn't unroot. Starting from rooted and bumped 10b, I applied the individual modem.img, boot.IMG, and system. IMG files from 11c. It's also entirely okay to just install the modem.IMG, to just gain the improvement on the radio side.
I used autoprime's Flash2Modem/Boot/System .zip files, used my bumped twrp.

See the "How to Manually Flash..." part of the first post in this thread:
[PSA] NO OTAs!! | Keep Root/Unlock | How-To:… | LG G3 | XDA Forums
Perhaps this is a silly question, but--
Did you lose any current settings/tweaks/etc when manually updating?
The reason I ask, I have a custom launcher, G3 tweaksbox, Cobalt theme, misc apps frozen, etc etc..don't want to lose all those settings.

I already installed the modem only, but really tempted to do the system.img and boot.img

Upvote 0
Everything stayed functioning after 11c. I only had to reinstall the modded Hotspot tethering (since I'm on unlimited data).

The 12B VZW files are available now. This is what I did to install them:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=57397975

OP in that thread has links to download the modem, system, and boot files. The system file is large, so the OP compressed it into a .rar -- you extract system-12c.img from the .rar (I did it on my PC)

autoprime's flash2Modem and flash2System are what I used, from TWRP.

It's recommended to update to twrp 2.8.2.0, at least for the System flash. I flashed Modem from the original Bump TWRP without a problem.

I haven't installed the 12 boot image -- waiting to hear from more people as to whether you can still revert once 12 boot is loaded. I'm using the 11C boot, no issue.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
Everything stayed functioning after 11c. I only had to reinstall the modded Hotspot tethering (since I'm on unlimited data).

The 12B VZW files are available now. This is what I did to install them:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=57397975

OP in that thread has links to download the modem, system, and boot files. The system file is large, so the OP compressed it into a .rar -- you extract system-12c.img from the .rar (I did it on my PC)

autoprime's flash2Modem and flash2System are what I used, from TWRP.

It's recommended to update to twrp 2.8.2.0, at least for the System flash. I flashed Modem from the original Bump TWRP without a problem.

I haven't installed the 12 boot image -- waiting to hear from more people as to whether you can still revert once 12 boot is loaded. I'm using the 11C boot, no issue.
Having issues flashing the TWRP 2.8.2.0 :(
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=57405925&postcount=35

Upvote 0
This is the md5 of the file I flashed (still in /download):
1de9e913932acd81496e3af5c1b5e16f

I just did a straight Install of the .zip, from the older twrp.
I downloaded from Mirror 1 link. Mine matches what is posted there 5418589e9aa5ec06f96df8f704ef3ea2
Looks like your download was from his Dec 7th upload. (mirror 2)

Upvote 0
I tried to fix my phone buy watching this video but the LG flash tool he is using is NOTHING like the one I am using and has none of the options, I have LG Flash Tool 2014. Maybe I can take my phone into a verizon store and they can replace it?
Hey Codec, wondering if you have had any luck with fixing your device or did you bring it to Verizon?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones