• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Verizon LG G3 root.

You can kdz back to 10b, re-root/bump, then either apply modem/boot/sys .IMG files from 11c, or flash one of the 11c-based ROMs. Here is the thread on using kdz to get back to 10b: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2928140

Make sure to freeze "System updates" to not run into this again. Otherwise, rename the LGDMSClient apk and odex files in system/apps, add a .bak to the end.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
So there is no Verizon ROM for 4.4.4? My phone keeps asking me to update, but I don't want to lose root. And can I unroot with stumproot?
In that previous post, you stated you were rooted, then

My phone is urooted but what I am trying to do is set the phone back to like when I first bought it like a factory reset, but I tried a factory reset and all the things I deleted like the apps are still gone, so I need a ROM of 4.4.2.
you performed a factory reset, and are now unrooted?

Is that all you did---a factory reset?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones