• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon lied about eris!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't buy this at all. I'd be willing to bet that 95% of Eris owners don't even know these sites (and leaks) exist. This community makes up a tiny percentage of Android phones sold.
Very true. 95% of the Eris users don't give a darn either. I'll wager 95% of the users don't even know what 1.5 or 2.1 actually is.

Edit: So therefore why would Verizon alienate those 95% of users with a total wipe of the phone? That's exactly my point.

Upvote 0
I wish...for one day....we can delete all the new members that have joined the past two months who think they've been suffering for an eternity without 2.1...and not have to put up with them thinking they're know it alls. Everyone here is trying to be Rev Run here, offering advice on how to wait for it for the Eris.

And why is it the Eris has all the damn trolls? The moron posted once and that was it. We're at three pages now. Shut up already.

Upvote 0
Yes Verizon LIED, if you look on their website, they stated lies, like Google Nav and turn by turn instructions. It will make me think again before using them as my carrier.

Burn me once shame on HTC.
Burn me twice shame on Verizon.

When I purchased my Eris in Feb, Verizon did have listed on their website under the Eris info that it did have "voice turn by turn navigation". A week or so later it was removed and the layout of the Eris features was different.

I am not discouraged, with the leaks of 2.1 I know that the OTA is right around the corner.

Upvote 0
Very true. 95% of the Eris users don't give a darn either. I'll wager 95% of the users don't even know what 1.5 or 2.1 actually is.

Edit: So therefore why would Verizon alienate those 95% of users with a total wipe of the phone? That's exactly my point.

I can actually attest to this as I asked my co-worker what version his Mytouch 3g was on, and he had no idea what I was talking about. Most people, like bjanow said, have no idea what version any of their phones are running, or really care regardless. Not just the Eris, but all of them. Just an observation, not sure what I was shooting to say there... :D

Upvote 0
I can actually attest to this as I asked my co-worker what version his Mytouch 3g was on, and he had no idea what I was talking about. Most people, like bjanow said, have no idea what version any of their phones are running, or really care regardless. Not just the Eris, but all of them. Just an observation, not sure what I was shooting to say there... :D

I think you were trying to say that only geeks like us pay attention to this stuff and the average person couldn't care less.

Reactions: WilCIWS
Upvote 0
Does your Eris work as it did the day you bought it? Yeah? Then stop whining.

I think I'll start whining to Apple because my 1st gen Nano doesn't have all the features of the new model. Dammit, I got screwed.

People like you are the ones that frustrate me..I bought my Eris based on the fact that the Verizon Sales Rep told me it would be upgraded to the same OS as the Moto Droid. I liked the look of the Eris more so than the Moto Droid so based of his verbal promise to me that they would be on the same OS I went with the Eris. So here I am 8 Months later and still no update...To me it isn't about this phone working as it did from day one I bought it with the understanding that I would get the 2.0-2.1 and have Google Navigation and all the bells and whistles. It is not whining when some people who were on the edge of which to buy got sold by the sales rep. I am sure Apple never said that the 1st Gen Nana would have all the features of the new model when you bought it did they? And that isn't what you based your decision off is it? So you shut up and stop commenting on people who have a legit complaint.

Reactions: kbergou21
Upvote 0
Where do you guys think all of these "Leaks" are coming from?

That's right VERIZON. Verizon Beta Testers to precise.

So if Verizon is still testing 2.1 on the Eris, and they just put out "Version 3", then use your common sense and it is clear that, although a bit delayed, that the official 2.1 Release for the Eris is coming. They see a reason to continue testing it before releasing it for a REASON.

common sense FTW!

thank you willdogs :cool:

Upvote 0
People like you are the ones that frustrate me..I bought my Eris based on the fact that the Verizon Sales Rep told me it would be upgraded to the same OS as the Moto Droid. I liked the look of the Eris more so than the Moto Droid so based of his verbal promise to me that they would be on the same OS I went with the Eris. So here I am 8 Months later and still no update...

The phone came out 7 months ago.

I assume that you bought with a two year contract. So long as Verizon delivers an update at some point in those two years, then your sales rep was right - it was upgraded to the same OS as the Droid. You just need more patience for them to deliver an update that isn't broken, or take the risk and install the root or the leak if you simply cannot wait.

Upvote 0
The phone came out 7 months ago.

I assume that you bought with a two year contract. So long as Verizon delivers an update at some point in those two years, then your sales rep was right - it was upgraded to the same OS as the Droid. You just need more patience for them to deliver an update that isn't broken, or take the risk and install the root or the leak if you simply cannot wait.

No becuase I was told it would be first quarter so that verbal commitment from the Verizon sales rep and it obviously didn't happen so I am unsatisfied customer.

Upvote 0
Just quote something from this article to online customer service if you bought it from online sales. If you bought it from the store talk to the manager, not a rep, and tell them you bought the phone with the notion that the phone was going to get the update in that timeline. But you can only do this if you still have 1.5 on your phone. They'll probably stare at you funny if you have the 2.1 leak on your phone. Chances are the manager has the Droid or the Incredible attached to their hips and they know how to check versions. You also need to a have a good reason on how not having the update is effecting your life. With me it is because I have home automation that requires a connection from a serial Bluetooth Enabled device (Bluetooth 2.1 +EDR), which Android 1.5 does not support. Ask if they can make it so you can have upgrade. Not an exchange. Exchanges for devices cost the store money, especially if they are past the 30 days and aren't warranty related. Trust me this works. I now use an Incredible and I no longer have to carry around my HTC Touch for home automation and my wife is enjoying her 6 month old Eris instead of the Pre.

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2009/12/htc_droid_eris_1.html

Enjoy

Upvote 0
This thread is...

double-facepalm.jpg

Strong is the force of Trollzzzz...........

Upvote 0
@ Everyone that is still mad

If you feel that you have been lied to or scammed then you should stop complaining here and simply take them to court. Everyone keeps talking about binding verbal contracts and commitments by a store employee. If you truly feel that you have been ripped off or taken advantage of then hold Verizon to it and file a suit against them. You either need to quit the bitchfest and live with it or get off your butts and do something about it. Until that day comes all you junior lawyers are simply blowing hot air on an internet forum, which we all know accomplishes an incredible amount.

Upvote 0
I know my son wants navigation, better dialer, 2.1 apps not available on 1.5, etc. But by the same token he will not wipe his phone and lose his contacts, call history, text threads, app settings, and on and on. I have not seen a leak that will preserve any settings whatsoever. So why would I think OTA is coming soon? Even if I got a leak that preserved my old leak 2.1 settings I would have some hope. So are they really close to OTA that will save stuff from 1.5? That's why I think 2.1 will be "Official" vs. OTA, or optional vs mandatory. I do believe they are close to an official release but it will be a flash, just as we are doing now, with a HUGE disclaimer about wiping the phone. But I could be wrong, we shall see.

This is not complaining or being a troll. This is reality and something we all have been discussing for many months now. I can certainly understand if you are tired of it, but then just leave the thread. I agree the OP was a little strong but he/she is probably just frustrated. Verizon/HTC need to get off their butts and get us an official 2.1 release already. Then send out OTA updates with fixes.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones