• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] Liquid Smooth from CleanRom

matther22xdroid

Aug 26, 2010
Indiana, US
I was using CleanRom on my S4 just like my S3 but yesterday I decided to try Liquid Smooth and I'm not disappointed. I didn't use any touchwiz features so I don't miss those. I ran benchmarks and found that they were lower but I read that touchwiz "tricks" or misleads the benchmarks into higher scores has anyone heard that? Does anyone have any tips for Liquid Smooth?

Aosp ROMs are always so much quicker and s,other than AOSP. I can't even run a touchwiz ROM on my s3 anymore because the lag is so apparent.

As far as the benchmarks, they aren't a good measure of real world performance, so I wouldn't worry about the score too much

I didn't really understand the first part of that. But I got you on the benchmarks.

Upvote 0
Aosp ROMs are always so much quicker and s,other than AOSP. I can't even run a touchwiz ROM on my s3 anymore because the lag is so apparent.

As far as the benchmarks, they aren't a good measure of real world performance, so I wouldn't worry about the score too much

I just thought it was because I was drinking and flashing ROMs that it seemed faster. It's so nice that I pick up my Nexus 7 and phone look exactly the same.

Upvote 0
I have tested LiquidSmooth, CyanogenMod, Jelly Beans, Hyper, Liquid TW and Stock.
I just dont think there is better ROM then Liquidsmooth 2.9 for a Galaxy S4!

Right there with you. I tried stock, CM, beans, Clean and Liquid so far and Liquid is by far my favorite. I used it on my GS3 and thought I'd try some others but I'm right back to it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones