• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help verizon lollipop??

Is verizon leaving out parts of lollipop? I don't see how to pin apps or guest mode or any face recognition. Please let me know what I'm missing here.

Don't worry mills23, you are not going mad. Whilst the features that you mention are available in Lollipop on the stock Android Nexus phone, here and here, they are not present on the stock Samsung TouchWiz firmware release or the Verizon Lollipop version. See the user manual for Lollipop on the worldwide edition, here. I seem to remember reading that Samsung did not deem facial recognition secure enough to release at that time. Things may change with Android 5.1 Lollipop, which has begun a roll out, when it comes to TouchWiz... but don't hold your breath.

Upvote 0
Things 5.0 has to offer seem to be heavily weighted in favor of unwanted issues.
enough so, I have decided to forgo the pleasure of trying it out.
MacroDroid can help extend battery life
MacroDroid senses Screen off, turns Wifi & Data OFF
MacroDroid senses Screen on, turns WiFi & Data ON

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones