• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] Lte 4.0.3 rom??!?

Here is one I found on the rootzwiki. It was updated last night, I haven't flashed it yet, but plan to sometime today. Let me know if you flash it, how it works

[UPDATED] 4.0.3 V4 [w/Gapps + Wallet] - RootzWiki

I running this right now.

4.0.3 AOSP goodness.

Running great! Having bookmarks shortcut on the google labs pop-out on the browser is alone awesome. But overall 4.0.3 is definitely, noticeably faster/better.

Upvote 0
Reactions: ArXane
Upvote 0
Quick question. The 4.0.3 Roms don't have the new radio file that will be in the OTA 4.0.3 do they? Anyone know? I could probably ask one of the devs but thought i would ask here first. If they don't and they just purely use the 4.0.3 source then i'm definitely passing until the official 4.0.3 drops.

I would have to guess no. From what I can tell the 4.0.3 ROMS are built from the AOSP code, and wouldn't have the new radio files as the source code is exclusive from the radio firmware.

But what do I know, right? :p

Reactions: trophynuts
Upvote 0
The way these guys work, there is no doubt we'll get the radio before the OTA. I really don't think that would be an issue, but there might be other issues that will be resolved once they get the OTA leak. I'm worried about my Wallet money if the side load of Wallet doesn't work with the leak or the OTA. Although I've seen that another install of 4.0.3 and GW keeps the bank settings. We'll see soon enough.

Edit: haha radio is out tonight. Check rootz for a link. Sorry, mobile for the night.

Upvote 0
yeah i think i will hold off as well. Not to mention when the actual 4.0.3 does drop to the G Nex with the updated radio files how do we know that the current roms will still work with the updated Radio?

Because they've been tested on both 4.0.2 (what you're on) and birdmans 4.0.3 (what I'm on). New radio is working just fine for me. And if it doesn't work for you, just flash back. This ain't no Droid X :p

Edit: this is my first nexus/unlocked phone. Is the dev pace always so manic?

Upvote 0
Because they've been tested on both 4.0.2 (what you're on) and birdmans 4.0.3 (what I'm on). New radio is working just fine for me. And if it doesn't work for you, just flash back. This ain't no Droid X :p

Edit: this is my first nexus/unlocked phone. Is the dev pace always so manic?
Well, it is sort of nuts right now. Let's face it, all the devs are rushing to get some things for this phone.

Part of that is because it's new, so I expect a lot of things to slow down a bit. But one thing is for certain, we're always going to have some nice support without having to wait for the carriers or manufacturers to grace us with something. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones