• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] LTE Galaxy Nexus Bootloader Unlock and Activation

actually it does in a way. But only by your sim card re activating it. You don't have to do any kind of activating with VZW peeps or anything.

Thanks for the reply.

Just to clarify, there doesn't need to be any type of activation through Verizon towers post unlock/root? Does the sim card just re activate the phone automatically, as in it's an internal process on the phone? (sorry if this should be obvious, but I'm new to this.)

I ask because I'm currently living in Alaska and cannot activate the phone up here because we don't have Verizon towers (well, I can activate voice but not the 3G data...) I had to send the phone to the lower 48 to get activated and have it sent back to me. So if I lose the activation I'm hosed :)

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply.

Just to clarify, there doesn't need to be any type of activation through Verizon towers post unlock/root? Does the sim card just re activate the phone automatically, as in it's an internal process on the phone? (sorry if this should be obvious, but I'm new to this.)

I ask because I'm currently living in Alaska and cannot activate the phone up here because we don't have Verizon towers (well, I can activate voice but not the 3G data...) I had to send the phone to the lower 48 to get activated and have it sent back to me. So if I lose the activation I'm hosed :)

Ya that's what I meant. As long as you still have your sim card in the phone should do everything for you.

Reactions: ctrl f
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones